1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maxtrac Spindle Lift for 2nd Gen Prerunners

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by markmatters, Feb 11, 2012.

1. May 1, 2017 at 2:08 PM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Good find :thumbsup:

2. May 1, 2017 at 3:11 PM
    Taco gator

Taco gator Taco with 6.5" front 0" rear lift

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 2wd Taco
    6.5" Spindle/5100 lift front lift
    Nah haha it did it when I sat level with 3" in the back

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. May 1, 2017 at 3:14 PM
    Arpatton86

Arpatton86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario Canadia
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OFF-ROAD OV TUUUUNED
    Anyone have a picture of there truck with a spindle lift in the front/ 5100's set at zero and a AAL in the rear? I'm wondering what my take is going to look like. I've tried looking but 550 pages is a bit much to scan through.

Thanks in advance

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. May 1, 2017 at 3:15 PM
    ChadsPride

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lol, 5100's set at zero with stock coils?

5. May 1, 2017 at 3:17 PM
    Arpatton86

Member:
    Ontario Canadia
    Vehicle:
    Sorry I Was kinda confusing myself reading that. I'm wondering what MaxTrac spindle lift, 5100's set at zero or .85 with a single AAL in the rear would look like.

ensaladas and ChadsPride like this.
  6. May 1, 2017 at 3:20 PM
    ChadsPride

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Well I run Maxtracs and 2016 TRD OR shocks and coils (1" taller than 2nd gen) and Dakars on the back

But from what you are asking (if you use stock coils) you truck should sit just about level

7. May 1, 2017 at 3:21 PM
    ChadsPride

Member:
    Vehicle:
    If you can afford it I would just skip the AAL's and just go Maxtrac spindles, 5100's on your coils (or get 884's for a slight more lift) and DAKARS for thr back.

HuntTaco likes this.
  8. May 1, 2017 at 3:27 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    Thank you sir! :hattip:

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. May 1, 2017 at 3:28 PM
    Arpatton86

Member:
    Ontario Canadia
    Vehicle:
    I actually have 5100's/ 885's and AAL in the rear. Right now I have about 2.5" of lift in the front and I'm not entirely sure what I have in the rear. I just ordered a set of MaxTrac spindles from headstrong.

ChadsPride likes this.
  10. May 1, 2017 at 3:29 PM
    ChadsPride

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah man, you are going to want Dakars or something of the like.

Are you wondering if you should bring your existing lift down or what?

11. May 1, 2017 at 3:33 PM
    Arpatton86

Member:
    Ontario Canadia
    Vehicle:
    I'm going to be switching the stock springs over onto my 5100's and setting them at 0 or 85. I was just wondering what kind of rake I'm going to have with the MaxTrac spindles in the front and the AAL in the rear.

ChadsPride likes this.
  12. May 1, 2017 at 3:34 PM
    yotacarter

yotacarter Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X
    Oh alright. I'm planning on the STT pro's and got worried when you said your coopers were bad :rofl:

ChadsPride likes this.
  13. May 1, 2017 at 4:05 PM
    ChadsPride

Member:
    Vehicle:
    About how much lift did the AAL give you out back?

If it's ~2" and you use stock coils with the 5100's ser at zero and keep the rear unchanged....you should be dead level.

14. May 1, 2017 at 4:12 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    I can't speak for the Pro's but mine suck ass. They will not stay balanced Soni always have a steering wheel shake from about 50-60 & it changes when I rotate them.

15. May 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    If he has Maxtrac's, 5100's set at 0, stock coils & nothing in the rear he'll be 2" high on the front give or take.

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. May 1, 2017 at 5:45 PM
    Arpatton86

Member:
    Ontario Canadia
    Vehicle:
    Thats what I was thinking my front end might be a scooch high but, Im just going to play it by ear if i need to raise the rear I'll prolly just end up going with a set of Dakar's. Another question about dakar's though, will 5100's in the rear pair well with eachother? ie, will 5100's max out before the springs?

I have a 2" AAL in the rear, thanks for the info though.

17. May 1, 2017 at 6:00 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I know but Chad mentioned doing nothing in the rear Soni was just saying if you did that you'd be 2" high in the front. From the factory there is about a 2" difference front to back with the back being higher.

ChadsPride likes this.
  18. May 1, 2017 at 6:15 PM
    ChadsPride

Member:
    Vehicle:
    This! ^^^^^^

My truck came with 2" rake from the factory, so I make that part of my equation when decision on suspension components.

Mike, since he has the AAL in already, I was saying "do nothing" as just leaving them alone

19. May 1, 2017 at 6:31 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Oh I missed the part where he said the aal was already in. :facepalm:
    Then in that case yes he should be about level with just the spindles & billies on 0

20. May 1, 2017 at 6:45 PM
    ChadsPride

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm debating throwing in some 885 coils

Really wanting more lift, just getting really close to hitting my carport lol

To Top