1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

McDonalds, WTF. What happened to Customer Service?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, May 4, 2009.

1. May 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    McDonald's food sucks. My stomach hurts immediately if I eat that garbage.

2. May 4, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    X2!

3. May 4, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    mainland_newfie

mainland_newfie Mainland Newfie

Member:
    ontario, canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tacoma
    skid plate, side step rails, new rims, hose clamp, 20% tint, G4 Tonneau cover, JVC 7 in double din stereo/dvd
    well that movie was frig'n awesome... I'm not a big fan of mcy d's, but a buddy of mine loves them, one night we go to a movie, and he brings five cheese burgers, two had no meat!!!

Of course I laughed at him called him a fatty (he's a body builder), but what they do in shop is leave out stuff on purpose because they know how much to pocket, its what makes it funny when they charge you for it but dont put it on the bill. Those 16 yr old servers are getting smarter.

4. May 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    if the kids working the drive thru are my generations care takers when we get old and dont work anymore we are SCREWED!!!!!!! how hard is it to look at a monitor and read it, then put those items in a bag? every time i go to Taco Bell drive thru i make sure everything is in the bag before i drive off and most of the time i have to ask for the rest of my order.

5. May 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    A few years ago I ordered a Big Mac meal minus onions... needless to say when I arrived home to eat my meal I to found no meat!! How in the hell does this happen!! I was really pissed at the time, but now all I can do is laugh about it & know that I'm not the only one now!! ;)

Like Joe Pesci says in Leathal Weapon... "They always fuck you in the drive through!"
    :rofl:

6. May 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I'm not particularly fond of them myself. The only burgers I like is the regular hamburger. I prefer the Whopper or KFC grilled chicken.

7. May 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yep! I went to Burger King, and ordered a burger with no pickles.....I got home and they must have put 1 lb. of pickles on the dam thing.

8. May 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    McDonalds at one time was the standard for customer service and super clean stores, not any longer.

9. May 4, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I don't blame you for getting upset. I'm not sure if you can blame the McDonalds name itself, I think you should blame the dumb ass people that work there. Well, I guess you can blame the company for hiring such dumb asses. People now-a-days are just so ignorant and retarded. Customer service is getting terrible these days.:cool:

10. May 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Surprisingly enough, I've never had a problem with Jack-in-the-Box. They used to be terrible all-around. But ever since 1999-2000 they seem to have gotten their act together. And the best part is...they're greasier than McDonald's! Mmmmm, grease...

11. May 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Hehehehehe....

I worked for McDonalds for 9 years of my pathetic life back when I was in my teens/twenties. I was a Swing Manager.

Poor Service doesn't sit well with me on either side of the counter.

But - I know what you guys mean. Every time I go into McD's now-a-days as a customer, there's sooo many things that I notice are *wrong* and seeing people standing around not doing anything. I feel like putting my manager shoes on again and giving out orders.

If you have a complaint - you should talk to the manager on duty. If they don't *make it right*, then you have every reason to call Corporate and bitch.
    Those managers are just as lazy as the employees and they don't give a shit.

I'm glad I don't work there anymore or else I would've gone postal on the employees or the ignorant customers.

12. May 4, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I'd probably do the same if I was a manager there.

I guess you can't expect much more from a minimum wage job. I have the same problems almost EVERY time I go in. Most McDonalds have been a bit better lately with those stickers they throw on the special orders. I rarely get pickles when I request without. I order my sweet tea with no ice, and fill it with ice when I get home.

BurgerKing does a hell of a lot better with customer service usually. Wendys is crap for customer service, and most of the time I have no troubles at Taco Hell. I try to always say "Thank you" over the order screen when they finish tallying it up, its helped alot I think. Its really nice to hear them say it back, you think they actually care about their job. My wife started crackin down on me because I was soo close to rippin some of them out their lil drive up window by the throat.

Best McDonalds I have ever been to though was in Vale, CO. The breakfast biscuits were the BOMB! I don't know why but they were actually soft and fresh, and mmmm buttery good! Soft is RARE!

13. May 4, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    I think we've all been McScrewed.

I have lost faith in most of the work force on that level - there seems to be no sense of urgency, pride, or honesty...

14. May 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    What's minimum wage now?

15 years ago when I left, I was making $7.15 an hour as a Swing Manager. So you know the employees were making $5 or so an hour back then.

Ya gotta start somewhere. People just don't give a shit and they don't take pride in their work anymore. Which - people wonder why they never get ahead in life?

I don't necessarily get pissed off because of poor service, but I'm amazed at the people and how they look totally dumbfounded sometimes. The lack of common sense or the in-ability to figure out the smallest of problems when they're serving customers. Damn, some of those people just don't have it upstairs. HELLO??

15. May 4, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    and that my friend it why you go to wendys or bk

16. May 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    Minimum wage is mid $7 dollars, I think it's $7.45.

You are only going to get a certain type of person willing to work for minumum wage.

Marc M

17. May 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    this is burger king but hey.. makes me laugh.. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUDbIqK0aCQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUDbIqK0aCQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. May 4, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    X3. I will only order hamburgers from Wendy's. They have never failed me.

KFC FTW.

19. May 4, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.

Products Discussed in