1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Meguiars #26 Yellow Wax Rocks!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Lane Cypert, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Jun 4, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    Lane Cypert

Lane Cypert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver prerunner double cab TRD
    I used Meguiars #26 Yellow Carnuba Wax on my Tacoma this past Sunday and it is awesome. I bought my new silver double cab in March and it looked 10 times better than when I bought the truck new. The silver paint was extremely glossy and shiny after the wax. I wish I had pictures to prove it but I broke my camera last week. This wax is great and I was just checking to see if anybody else had used this product?

2. Jun 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM
    mShu7

mShu7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brownsburg, IN
    None
    #26 is a definitely a good wax...very under-rated IMO. While longevity isn't great, ease of use and a great look are its best assets.

3. Jun 5, 2008 at 2:35 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i use it when i have it readily available(i get some from where i work occasionally), and yeah, its pretty awesome wax. real shine and smoothness with it.

4. Jun 5, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    Nessy07

Nessy07 Member

Member:
    Cleveland, OH
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    Haven't used Meguiars recently. I've been using Zymol Cleaner Wax, runs about $14 a bottle, I think it's great.

5. Jun 5, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    I recently stopped using Meguiar's waxes because 2-3 weeks after waxing the truck, the water just sat on the truck and didn't even roll off . . . and I park in a garage. Plus, the smooth feel of the finish was gone a week after waxing it. Don't get me wrong, Meguiar's polishes and cleaners are #1 in my book but their waxes just don't cut if for me. I recently was referred to a product (Collinite #845 Insulator Wax) and it's been 3 weeks since I used it and the finish still looks great and feels smooth like it was just waxed.
    When I used Meguiar's wax, it took me like 8 hours to do the entire truck. With Collinite it took me less than half that time and was so easy to "wax-on" and "wax-off".

6. Jun 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    Ill second the zymol that stuff is the shit you cant even set a towel on your hood without it sliding off and it lasts a long time, however I rewax once a month just in case :D

7. Jun 5, 2008 at 4:56 PM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    anybody heard of astro shield? I used to use it and I dont know the difference between a wax and a polish help me resident detailer

8. Jun 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i aint the resident detailer, but i'll take a crack at answering your question.

a polish shines the paint while removing(or hiding in some cases) swirl marks, and a wax seals the shine in and leaves a protective barrier on the paint. something to that effect:)!

9. Jun 6, 2008 at 6:54 AM
    mShu7

mShu7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brownsburg, IN
    None
    Cleaner waxes are a great one-step product, but they typically don't offer the protection that a traditional wax/sealant offers. With a cleaner wax, you'll need to use it more often to keep the surface protected. What you could do is do the cleaner wax every 3, 4, or 6 months, and then use a traditional wax in between.

If using a quality over the counter (OTC) wax or sealant, I'd recommend re-applying every 4-6 on average.

Collinite is great for long-term protection. It protects longer than most waxes out there, including anything I've used from Megs. Collinite wax is definitely a step above Meguiars. A lot of people use Collinite as a winter wax b/c it lasts so long.

10. Jun 6, 2008 at 10:11 PM
    gmwelder86

gmwelder86 Member

Member:
    I spent wen. clay baring, polishing and waxing my grand cherokee(dont have a taco yet, sorry) and after I ploished it I couldnt set anything on it, and after wax it was smooth as a babys ass. all with meguires, although if you go to buy the clay bar kit get it at walmart its 10 bucks cheaper than kragens. Found that out today after I bought and used the one from kragens.

11. Jun 7, 2008 at 5:11 AM
    mShu7

mShu7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brownsburg, IN
    None
    Once you realize how slick your paint gets, you'll want to always be rubbing the back of your hand on the paint to feel it.

12. Jun 7, 2008 at 7:37 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I'm gonna have to try the collinite wax out when I get home.

13. Jun 7, 2008 at 7:40 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Have you tried the System One products?
    www.polishandwax.com
    I have been useing this, and find it to be better than any Maguires product.

ALso, How hard is this "Zymol" to apply and remove?
    :)

14. Jun 7, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    mShu7

mShu7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brownsburg, IN
    None
    Yes, I have tried S1 and I was not impressed. Their wax was awful, IMO. Optimum Car Wax and Duragloss AquaWax are miles ahead of the S1 wax. The polish was nothing to write home about. I would use Meg's polishes over S1 any day, especially their newer polishes. Menzerna is the best overall polish line though.

Sorry, just sharing my honest opinions.

I don't have any experience with Zymol.

15. Jun 7, 2008 at 7:52 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thanks for your input. :) For me, using their product, I have found that road grime, grease, oil, and mud, dont stick to the finish like it would with the Maguires products. Seems to last longer too. The first S1 wax I tried was not that good, it was quite horrible, actually. I aplied it and when I removed it, it was like I didnt do anything to the paint. I contacted them about this and they promptly sent a pre paid shipping lable to return the product, and sent a new "batch" out to me. I have been happy with it. I dont have alot of experience with other products, though. :)

16. Jun 7, 2008 at 7:56 AM
    mShu7

mShu7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brownsburg, IN
    None
    Sounds like I may have been using the old batch of their wax, b/c it was pretty bad. I'm glad to hear they improved the formula and it's working out for you.

Typically, I'm not a huge fan of Meguiars, but like I said, some of their newer products are looking pretty good (M105 compound is great).

Products Discussed in

To Top