1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Members top choice for suspension lift 3" or 6"

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by osteopathic, Jan 6, 2013.

1. osteopathic

osteopathic [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma sport
    I purchased a gray 2013 Toyota Tacoma sport double cab about a week ago and I have wanted a Tacoma for years. I love how lifted Tacoma's look and I scheduled an appointment for a 3" spacer lift at Les Schwab for this wednesday, but I am going to cancel after reading numerous posts about how a spacer lift is not desireable.

I do not plan to do a lot of off road 4x4 driving now, but I want to do it right the first time with a quality product. I like the look of the 6" inch lift, but I read how the 3" lift is better for performance, a more comfortable ride, and a better off road experience. The salesman said I would have to regear if I went with a 6" lift.

I live near the Seattle area and I also would be interested in what business the members would recommend to install the lift.

Did not want to be the new guy and ask a question probably asked several times, but I am a bit confused with all the different options.

Thanks ahead of time

2. RelentlessTaco

RelentlessTaco Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Eastern side of the Sierras, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4> 03 SR5 4x4 total> 14 Crewmax TRD
    Had tons on the Taco's.... new truck is pretty stock
    Pretty much any of the high-end coilovers will do you well on the front. King, Icon, Fox, etc. You'll also want some UCAs like Light racing, Total Chaos, etc.
    For the rear, get a leaf pack and some good resivior shocks and call it a day.

To Top