1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Memphis audio shallow sub

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bowfisher1, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Mar 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    Bowfisher1

Bowfisher1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double cab
    3 inch Rough Country Off Road lift/level kit, NITTO Trail Grapplers, Monster Xd Series rims, memphis door speakers and amp, two sundown SD-2 10's, Kenwood head unit, weather tech floor matts, coverking neoprene shadowgrass seat covers
    I was wondering if anybody has used memphis' shallow mount subs? I am looking at getting two tens. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2. Mar 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    dtopgun515

dtopgun515 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Hey Yall Georgia
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport
    5100's up front set to 1.75, SCS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grappler AT's
    I used to have 2 Memphis Studio 10" subs in a truck box which is basically a shallow mount application in my eyes and I thought they sounded great. Never seemed to be as loud as my buddy's JL Audio sub or my other buddy's Rockford Fosgate subs though. Not sure if that was due to lack of power or the way I had my system tuned. I didn't care about the neighbors hearing my music I just wanted something that sounded good in the cab which those did. I was running two off of a 500 watt amp. When I got rid of that truck I put one of the subs in a small ported box run off the same amp and it was way louder but that was due to the type of box it was in i'm sure. I'm about to put that same sub in my Tacoma I've had this thing for a while!

Products Discussed in

To Top