1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MESO Puddle Light build

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by MESO, Jan 12, 2019.

1. May 16, 2020 at 11:32 AM
    caribe makaira

caribe makaira Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad AutoTrans
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
    Easy for the Cargo Lamps switch. You could have the puddles illuminate with Unlock, Lock without a switch but tied to the the Cargo Lamps CIRCUIT. You could also have the puddles in parallel with the Cargo Lamps switch action (Door, ON or OFF)
    Not so easy for the Overhead illumination switch.

2. May 16, 2020 at 12:48 PM
    IcemanPNW

IcemanPNW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M. E.
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen TRD Off Road
    The reason I was thinking cab lights is because it’d be neat if they would come on with proximity like the cab lights.

Otherwise the cargo lamp switch makes perfect sense. Wonder if I could get proximity activation while still using the cargo lamp switch, hmm...

3. May 16, 2020 at 12:56 PM
    caribe makaira

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Test this on your Taco, place the Cargo Lamps switch in Door position. Close the doors, lock. Then test the proximity feature. Have another person do this so you can see the effect...Tell us what you see looking at the Cargo Lamps. :D

4. May 16, 2020 at 9:38 PM
    IcemanPNW

IcemanPNW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M. E.
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen TRD Off Road
    Okay, just for grins... :D

Cargo Lamps in Door position. Doors closed and locked. Everything off.

My helper walks up to the door without touching anything, and the interior Cab Lights magically fade on.... but the Cargo Lamps do nothing. :annoyed:

My helper opens the door, and the Cargo Lamp turns on. :facepalm:

I want the puddle pods to work like the Cab Lights when the Cargo Lamp switch is in the Door position, not like the Cargo lights.

Sounds like this might take some fancy electrical work :welder: (or just use MESO's rocker)

Can the puddle pods even fade on like the Cab Lights?

5. May 17, 2020 at 10:19 AM
    1TACOTONY

1TACOTONY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport 4x4 M/T
    Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd pro grill Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso customs climate control rings Tufskinz glovebox insert Custom ch4x4 switches w cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod SUSPENSION FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Spc adjustable uca Duropump bumpstops REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 AUDIO OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber 30" HBLB Rigid Radiance Scene pods Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar VLed upgrade all interior lights Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights Hid headlights Hi/Low and fogs Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights Yota mafia KC hilites rock light 6 light kit
    I just got mine installed yesterday and to answer your question yes they fade on and off. I will definitely be posting some pics soon.Meso is the man and his kit is well made just like everything else he makes :thumbsup:. I did go with the pods with switch and am very happy I did for the added control. The fit and finish is great and the light output is amazing. For getting the wire through the door grommet I ended up just pulling it from both sides and pulling the interior plugs right out of the cab to have easy access. I then taped the wire ends really well and used a clothes hanger and some soapy water and they went right through( thanks to all the advice of awesome tacomaworld members:fistbump:) I did the rear window relocation and used that slot for the puddle light switch and it fit great. Now I have my ditch lights,bumper light,bed lights and puddle lights all on the little cubby panel (i like having my light controls in one place). Just ordered Meso's fuse extended fuse panel to clear the fuse tap I will be adding today and keep everything looking good. Keep up the great products meso and I as well of plenty of others will keep buying them:D

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Taco de Naranja, BOMBS and MESO [OP] like this.
  6. May 17, 2020 at 12:23 PM
    caribe makaira

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
  7. May 17, 2020 at 6:26 PM
    IcemanPNW

IcemanPNW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M. E.
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen TRD Off Road
  8. May 18, 2020 at 7:16 AM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd pro grill Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso customs climate control rings Tufskinz glovebox insert Custom ch4x4 switches w cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod SUSPENSION FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Spc adjustable uca Duropump bumpstops REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 AUDIO OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber 30" HBLB Rigid Radiance Scene pods Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar VLed upgrade all interior lights Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights Hid headlights Hi/Low and fogs Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights Yota mafia KC hilites rock light 6 light kit
    As promised got a few pics of the puddle lights to share. Again I must say meso your the man for making such high quality and amazing add ons. Cant wait to get me some more :fistbump:.20200517_215255.jpg 20200517_215913.jpg20200517_215233.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  9. May 18, 2020 at 11:19 AM
    caribe makaira

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Select n test...

10. May 18, 2020 at 11:33 AM
    i8boots

i8boots Well-Known Member

Member:
    UT - 801
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC SB TRDOR JBL
    Hood/bed lights, pop-n-lock, Bak X2 Tonneau, custom breaker box, Husky mudflaps, white interior LEDs
    I know it's been a while, but I the puddles have those extra connectors so they will be compatible with another product. Is it the new version of the mirror turn / side lights? When will they be out / available? Have they already been developed and I'm just not on that thread? @MESO can you clarify?

Please let me know, as I love my puddles and they're a great excuse for me to buy new crap for my truck.

11. May 18, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    Tacospike

Tacospike Go Away

Member:
    Quarantine TX
    Vehicle:
    Single Owner 2016 Attidude Black TRD Sport DCSB
    Murderface Spike Edition

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ultimate-led-turn-signals.486423/page-478

Here you go

12. May 18, 2020 at 12:16 PM
    crunchytaco13

crunchytaco13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 PRO MT Cement
    TRD CAT
    How long was your install?

13. May 18, 2020 at 8:05 PM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    It was my first time installing these or seeing them installed so Install time with me adding wire protection to as much as I could,taping everything up nice and clean was about 4 to 5 hrs. I took my time to make sure I had everything right and pretested operation before finishing. I always give myself a full day to do projects though just in case of issues and because I always find a way to add a little of my own touch :rofl:. If I had to do it again I would say maybe 3hrs but I am not worried about that due to mesos awesome craftsmanship and my being anal about having things just right :thumbsup:. I recommend just pulling the boots with wire connectors right out so you have a straight line and spray soapy water in them so the wires slide right through nice and easy without any force on the wire ends but besides the boot the rest is smooth as silk thanks to meso:bananadance:

crunchytaco13 likes this.
  14. May 18, 2020 at 8:07 PM
    crunchytaco13

crunchytaco13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 PRO MT Cement
    TRD CAT
    Thanks! Anything in the instructions you wish would have been more clear? Anything that was confusing?

15. May 18, 2020 at 8:12 PM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    No I would say his instructions are perfect and there is even a version you can download to your phone with step by step and many pics. Meso doesn't mesoround :rofl:. He makes excellent products and fit and finish is second to none I've found. Looking forward to his flip fob key and some vent rings to get back in stock and very hopeful that he ends up making a manual center counsole chrome delete because I will jump on that as well:spending:

crunchytaco13 likes this.
  16. May 18, 2020 at 8:27 PM
    Tonche

Tonche Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR ACLB
    Read the instructions. Watch the video. It took me less than 2 hours to install them.

I dropped the wires down from the a pillar rather than try to run them up. Made more sense to me...

17. May 21, 2020 at 5:41 PM
    IcemanPNW

IcemanPNW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M. E.
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen TRD Off Road
    :yay:
    It arrived today in a very fancy box ... looks like I have a project for the three-day weekend. :D

A1D40E86-379A-4802-BD30-BB5F3F9E85B8.jpg

18. May 22, 2020 at 6:44 AM
    joeythetruckguy

joeythetruckguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Metallic Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Where can I get the V2 T-harness?

19. May 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM
    Tacospike

Tacospike Go Away

Member:
    Quarantine TX
    Vehicle:
    Single Owner 2016 Attidude Black TRD Sport DCSB
    Murderface Spike Edition
    You just want the harness alone? I think all of the sets beside the first batch in May last year should be the V2 version.

20. May 22, 2020 at 7:19 AM
    joeythetruckguy

joeythetruckguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Metallic Tacoma TRD Off Road
    yea I got the V1 way back when the kit first came out. Now I want to add the switch kit but I need the V2 T-harness for it to work.

Products Discussed in

To Top