1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MESO Puddle Light build

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by MESO, Jan 12, 2019.

1. May 17, 2020 at 10:19 AM
    1TACOTONY

1TACOTONY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    MICHIGAN
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport 4x4 M/T
    MISC. MODS WEBOOST overland cell booster Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Uptop overland alpha roof rack with inferno armortek and baja designs scenelighting EYECATCHER PRO Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill with raptor lights(REMOVED) DB CUSTOMS Toyota halo grill with backlighting TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Meso Customs Overhead hex rack (sunroof model) KTJO4X4 HUD FOR TACOMA Trd pro skid plate Tufskinz glovebox insert ch4x4 custom switches w/ cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades URD short throw shifter kit Cravenspeed Gauge mount JLT oil catch can N2 Designs remote start with smartphone module Trailer hitch step guard with locking pin Hondo garage unholy mount with ohnap magnetic mounts(driver and passenger side) Diamondback HD smooth bed cover Uptop Overland Diamondback truss rack system Ikamper Skycamp 3.0 mini with insulation liner Wolfbox G900 mirror and dashcam front and rear camera Seat jackers front and rear driver and passenger side Front seat jacker multi panel mounts driver and passenger side ////// (AWAITING ARRIVAL) None at this time (AWAITING INSTALL) Uptop overland rack lights dual function white and amber x8 /////// SUSPENSION COMPONENTS FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca (removed) Icon billet UCA Durobump bumpstops Runnin 4 Tacos lower control arm skids REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit ///// WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 ///// AUDIO Stinger Heigh10 10in multimedia display w/ tacoma flush mount integration kit and wireless AA adapter OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels,counsol and rear wall ///// LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" Hidden Bumper Light Bar Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Morimoto XB Led projector Gen 2 Black headlights with sequential turn signal MESO Customs/ Morimoto led sequential tail lights Morimoto XB Led projector fog lights Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals (REMOVED) Meso Customs blacked out ultimate v5 turn signals with white drl and sequential turn signal (INSTALLED) Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights (changed to meso customs headlight and taillights) Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights (REMOVED WITH PRO GRILL) KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites v2 rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods Baja designs rock lights with scenepods 2.0 for roof rack
    I just got mine installed yesterday and to answer your question yes they fade on and off. I will definitely be posting some pics soon.Meso is the man and his kit is well made just like everything else he makes :thumbsup:. I did go with the pods with switch and am very happy I did for the added control. The fit and finish is great and the light output is amazing. For getting the wire through the door grommet I ended up just pulling it from both sides and pulling the interior plugs right out of the cab to have easy access. I then taped the wire ends really well and used a clothes hanger and some soapy water and they went right through( thanks to all the advice of awesome tacomaworld members:fistbump:) I did the rear window relocation and used that slot for the puddle light switch and it fit great. Now I have my ditch lights,bumper light,bed lights and puddle lights all on the little cubby panel (i like having my light controls in one place). Just ordered Meso's fuse extended fuse panel to clear the fuse tap I will be adding today and keep everything looking good. Keep up the great products meso and I as well of plenty of others will keep buying them:D

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Taco de Naranja, BOMBS and MESO[OP] like this.
  2. May 17, 2020 at 12:23 PM
    caribe makaira

caribe makaira Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad AutoTrans
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
  3. May 17, 2020 at 6:26 PM
    IcemanPNW

IcemanPNW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M. E.
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen TRD Off Road
  4. May 18, 2020 at 7:16 AM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    MICHIGAN
    Vehicle:
    MISC. MODS WEBOOST overland cell booster Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Uptop overland alpha roof rack with inferno armortek and baja designs scenelighting EYECATCHER PRO Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill with raptor lights(REMOVED) DB CUSTOMS Toyota halo grill with backlighting TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Meso Customs Overhead hex rack (sunroof model) KTJO4X4 HUD FOR TACOMA Trd pro skid plate Tufskinz glovebox insert ch4x4 custom switches w/ cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades URD short throw shifter kit Cravenspeed Gauge mount JLT oil catch can N2 Designs remote start with smartphone module Trailer hitch step guard with locking pin Hondo garage unholy mount with ohnap magnetic mounts(driver and passenger side) Diamondback HD smooth bed cover Uptop Overland Diamondback truss rack system Ikamper Skycamp 3.0 mini with insulation liner Wolfbox G900 mirror and dashcam front and rear camera Seat jackers front and rear driver and passenger side Front seat jacker multi panel mounts driver and passenger side ////// (AWAITING ARRIVAL) None at this time (AWAITING INSTALL) Uptop overland rack lights dual function white and amber x8 /////// SUSPENSION COMPONENTS FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca (removed) Icon billet UCA Durobump bumpstops Runnin 4 Tacos lower control arm skids REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit ///// WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 ///// AUDIO Stinger Heigh10 10in multimedia display w/ tacoma flush mount integration kit and wireless AA adapter OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels,counsol and rear wall ///// LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" Hidden Bumper Light Bar Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Morimoto XB Led projector Gen 2 Black headlights with sequential turn signal MESO Customs/ Morimoto led sequential tail lights Morimoto XB Led projector fog lights Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals (REMOVED) Meso Customs blacked out ultimate v5 turn signals with white drl and sequential turn signal (INSTALLED) Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights (changed to meso customs headlight and taillights) Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights (REMOVED WITH PRO GRILL) KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites v2 rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods Baja designs rock lights with scenepods 2.0 for roof rack
    As promised got a few pics of the puddle lights to share. Again I must say meso your the man for making such high quality and amazing add ons. Cant wait to get me some more :fistbump:.20200517_215255.jpg 20200517_215913.jpg20200517_215233.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  5. May 18, 2020 at 11:19 AM
    caribe makaira

caribe makaira Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad AutoTrans
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
    Select n test...

6. May 18, 2020 at 11:33 AM
    i8boots

i8boots Well-Known Member

Member:
    UT - 801
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC SB TRDOR JBL
    Hood/bed lights, pop-n-lock, RSI EvoA, fully custom fuse box, Husky mudflaps, white interior LEDs, Morimoto xB v2 Headlights, Bilstein 6112/5160, Sumo Springs, Meso puddle pods and overhead lights, anytime backup mod, light out in reverse mod, ac drain mod, Calirased CAT protectors, ARB Dual Air in bed.
    I know it's been a while, but I the puddles have those extra connectors so they will be compatible with another product. Is it the new version of the mirror turn / side lights? When will they be out / available? Have they already been developed and I'm just not on that thread? @MESO can you clarify?

Please let me know, as I love my puddles and they're a great excuse for me to buy new crap for my truck.

7. May 18, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    Tacospike

Tacospike Semi-Unknown Custodial Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB / 17 Tundra 5.7L 4X4 CM
    Two Trucks

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/ultimate-led-turn-signals.486423/page-478

Here you go

8. May 18, 2020 at 12:16 PM
    crunchytaco13

crunchytaco13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 PRO MT Cement
    TRD CAT
    How long was your install?

9. May 18, 2020 at 8:05 PM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    MICHIGAN
    Vehicle:
    It was my first time installing these or seeing them installed so Install time with me adding wire protection to as much as I could,taping everything up nice and clean was about 4 to 5 hrs. I took my time to make sure I had everything right and pretested operation before finishing. I always give myself a full day to do projects though just in case of issues and because I always find a way to add a little of my own touch :rofl:. If I had to do it again I would say maybe 3hrs but I am not worried about that due to mesos awesome craftsmanship and my being anal about having things just right :thumbsup:. I recommend just pulling the boots with wire connectors right out so you have a straight line and spray soapy water in them so the wires slide right through nice and easy without any force on the wire ends but besides the boot the rest is smooth as silk thanks to meso:bananadance:

crunchytaco13 likes this.
  10. May 18, 2020 at 8:07 PM
    crunchytaco13

crunchytaco13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 PRO MT Cement
    TRD CAT
    Thanks! Anything in the instructions you wish would have been more clear? Anything that was confusing?

11. May 18, 2020 at 8:12 PM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    MICHIGAN
    Vehicle:
    No I would say his instructions are perfect and there is even a version you can download to your phone with step by step and many pics. Meso doesn't mesoround :rofl:. He makes excellent products and fit and finish is second to none I've found. Looking forward to his flip fob key and some vent rings to get back in stock and very hopeful that he ends up making a manual center counsole chrome delete because I will jump on that as well:spending:

crunchytaco13[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. May 18, 2020 at 8:27 PM
    Tonche

Tonche Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR ACLB
    Read the instructions. Watch the video. It took me less than 2 hours to install them.

I dropped the wires down from the a pillar rather than try to run them up. Made more sense to me...

13. May 21, 2020 at 5:41 PM
    IcemanPNW

IcemanPNW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M. E.
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen TRD Off Road
    :yay:
    It arrived today in a very fancy box ... looks like I have a project for the three-day weekend. :D

A1D40E86-379A-4802-BD30-BB5F3F9E85B8.jpg

14. May 22, 2020 at 6:44 AM
    joeythetruckguy

joeythetruckguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Metallic Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Where can I get the V2 T-harness?

15. May 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM
    Tacospike

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Two Trucks
    You just want the harness alone? I think all of the sets beside the first batch in May last year should be the V2 version.

16. May 22, 2020 at 7:19 AM
    joeythetruckguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    yea I got the V1 way back when the kit first came out. Now I want to add the switch kit but I need the V2 T-harness for it to work.

17. May 22, 2020 at 7:34 AM
    Tacospike

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Two Trucks
    It still works with the V1 hardness, it's just powered a different way for the backlit light to work. The switch itself will 100% work with your harness for intended function.

see Page 278

I PM'd you

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Frsh2df and MESO[OP] like this.
  18. May 22, 2020 at 7:51 AM
    joeythetruckguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    sweet, thanks for the help!

Tacospike[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. May 22, 2020 at 7:54 AM
    CarverLB

CarverLB Who Dat?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2021 Trd Sport 4x4
    This is why I tagged you last weekend when I was having issues. (completely my fault and lack of knowledge) You're very helpful and knowledgeable.

Tacospike[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. May 22, 2020 at 7:57 AM
    Tacospike

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Two Trucks
    Yeah thanks man, I was busy doing yard work, sorry I wasn't more help at the time, :(

Products Discussed in

To Top