1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

metal scraping noise :/ ideas?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LILFURR, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Jul 19, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    LILFURR

LILFURR [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    6 inch fabtech, 3 inch body lift spidertrax wheel spacers, grillcraft insert with black grill, black trex3 eyelids, custom VT emblem(not mounted) courtesy metalmiller, custom VT shifter courtesy pope953, bhlm, tinted fogs
    i have a metal scraping noise coming from the visinity of my right front cv housing/spindle/wheel bearing brake caliper. it only happens when im going super slow i speed up and it goes away but going slow it sounds horrible and pops(when it pops it kinda jerks to the right? its super loud. i think its my right front wheel bearing or cv axle but im not sure. i parked the truck i was scared to drive it. it just randomly went from working perfectly fine no noose driving nice, parked in mcd's and ate came back out to drive and it started doing this, does anyone have any ideas anything would be greatly appreciated. by the way i have a 6 inch fabtech kit on the truck

2. Jul 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    6 inch fabtech, 3 inch body lift spidertrax wheel spacers, grillcraft insert with black grill, black trex3 eyelids, custom VT emblem(not mounted) courtesy metalmiller, custom VT shifter courtesy pope953, bhlm, tinted fogs
  3. Jul 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Its an 05.... You check the motor mounts?

4. Jul 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    i havent i had a buddy drive it while i laid underneath you can tell its coming from somewhere around the right front hub, whats wrong with the 05 and motor mounts though?

5. Jul 20, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    They're improperly designed and will tear open the frame rail after some time, letting the motor move all around in the engine bay. :eek:

6. Jul 20, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    LILFURR

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.0l 6speed sr5
    well thanks relentless now i know what ill be having nightmares about tonight :( ive heard the exact same noise before on my old taco when the wheel bearing went bad and then demolished the inside of my fabtech spindle so thats why i parked it and as soon as friday gets here ill be jackin it up to check it out

Products Discussed in

To Top