1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Method Racing Fat Five

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Knwilson, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Jan 7, 2015 at 5:25 PM
    sb66er

sb66er Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kent
    Malvern, AR
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 Long bed
    I got a response from Method. They are definitely "lug-centric" and they do not sell/provide spacers. In theory "lug-centric" sounds like a bad idea, but is there evidence that it really makes any difference at all unless you are racing Baja?

2. Mar 24, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    Pionex311

Pionex311 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Palm Desert, Ca
    Vehicle:
    My first Tacoma, loving it so far.
    Pioneer radio, Weathertech floor liners, more exciting stuff to come...
    I know I'm reviving this thread again but I like the look of these wheels and wanted to know if you had ever taken these off-road/trail riding? I want to know how well they have held up for you and what conditions you've put them through before I make a consideration. Thanks in advance for the help!

3. Mar 24, 2015 at 10:50 PM
    Knwilson

Knwilson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Please keep in mind I have a Pre-Runner (2WD) so no major rock crawling type off-road activity...

Aside from normal daily driving (mix between surface streets and highway) these wheels see a bit of desert trails, fire roads, sandy washes, etc... I am not easy on them at all. I basically beat the shit out of them and I have not experienced any problems aside from the loose center caps previously reported. Again, after contacting Method, they sent me replacements and I have not experienced any further problems. I have roughly 20K miles on them now and they seem to be holding up well.

If needed, I would purchase again tomorrow without hesitation!

4. Mar 25, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    Pionex311

Pionex311 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Palm Desert, Ca
    Vehicle:
    My first Tacoma, loving it so far.
    Pioneer radio, Weathertech floor liners, more exciting stuff to come...
    That's great to hear! Glad they are working out well with you. I won't be doing any major rock crawling with my rig(I've got a Jeep for that) but it will see some decent trail and log road usage. Thanks for the response. I think I'm sold on them.

5. Jun 15, 2015 at 4:52 PM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.

Sorry to revive this for such a trivial reason.

Do you have any shots looking down the side. Just wondering how the stance will change if I drop to a 8.5" rim width.

6. Aug 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores A camping truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB Prerunner
    OME885/5100, DAKAR MED-DUTY, SOFTOPPER
    so have we decided if these wheels are safe to use on the Tacoma yet? Should be a perfect fit right?

Products Discussed in

To Top