1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Metra Axxess iPod connection Help!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 11BSSG, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Nov 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    11BSSG

11BSSG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    33°28'18"N /-86°48'2"W
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 A/C 6 Spd
    Front-Billy 5100'2 @ 2.5, Rear- Wheelers 1.5" AAL w/ Billy 5100's, 17" XD Addict's, 285/70-17 Nitto TerraGrappler AT's, 20% Tint, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, N-Fab Nerf Steps, K&N, Black Head Lights, Hard Wired GPS, XM Onyx, Hardwired Radar Detector, Ultraguage, Thule Mtn Bike Lock, Sleeved Fog Light Housing, Black Emblems, Satoshi/Color Matched grille, Misc. Security Upgrades.
    I finally got my Metra TYIP-01 for my factory head unit (non JBL) today. Went to install it and...nothing. It charges the ipod so I know I am getting power through the unit, and my radio or cd will only play sound for a second, then silent, then play sound for a second, then silent, etc etc. I tried pressing the "Disk" button twice to see if it would do anything with the iPod, and nothing. Tried unhooking all wires from the back of the head unit to "reset" it and it didnt help either. Any ideas? Did I get a faulty unit??

2. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    Cuda444

Cuda444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Access Limited Bed Cover, URD Short Shift Kit, 25% Tint all around, WeatherTechs, Kenwood DNX-6160, 2 - IDQ10 sub, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5's, JL 500/1, JL 300/2, Mr.Marv Enclosure/Amp Rack, Morimoto Stage III Retro Headlights, Blazer Fog Retro
    Did you try cycling the ipod on and off? I need to cycle the ipod every time I update my music and reconnect it into my Kenwood 6160, otherwise the Kenwood doesn't recognize it. Not sure it's THE fix, but its worth a shot if you haven't tried it

3. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    tacomadude18

tacomadude18 18 Tacoma Cement

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Midland TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DCLB
    K&N cold air intake
    yea i had the same problem.. but i just pluged it in and un pluged it till it worked. it works perfect now... my radio just dosent work XD but its alright i dont even us it.

Products Discussed in

To Top