1. VENDOR WARNING: There are reports of customers unable to get in contact with this vendor. Therefore, we cannot recommend purchasing from this vendor until Tacoma World staff are able to establish contact with them again.
  2. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MIA vendor?

Discussion in 'Beefed Taco' started by Spvrtan, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Jan 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    Any updates?

2. Jan 2, 2016 at 9:28 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Warning added to the top of all his vendor threads.

If any of you get in contact with him and find out what's going on, please let us know

3. Jan 2, 2016 at 3:56 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Cool thanks @tcBob . Questions; what's next? How long does it stay like this? Does the vendor get deleted if they don't respond in a certain amount of time? How about other vendors. Can we do this same type of thing to Elite Off Road and/or any other vendor that I am not aware of that seems to be taking orders and not giving the products?

tcBob likes this.
  4. Jan 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    tcBob

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    There's no set period of time... On a case by case basis.

The main point of the warning, just to be clear, is so we can all still have a discussion about the vendor and their products, and whether there's any word from them, until they do return. Better to keep it open, and tell people not to buy, than to make it vanish.

I'll remove them from the official vendor list on the front page though since that seems logical.

Elite is MIA as well, correct?

Lord Helmet and T-Rex266 like this.
  5. Jan 2, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  6. Jan 2, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    Also, new rules for vendors (going forward) stay tuned

ramonortiz55 and Lord Helmet like this.
  7. Jan 2, 2016 at 6:21 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    I do love how TW staff take care of the members and legit vendors :thumbsup:

8. Jan 2, 2016 at 6:40 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
  9. Jan 12, 2016 at 7:05 PM
    ch3st3an

ch3st3an New Member

Member:
    Maui, HI
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Tacoma
    I also cant get into contact with him for my order. I tried calling, emailing, everything i can do to get into contact with them. But nothing. Not sure what to do next .

10. Jan 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM
    tcBob

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Did you pay him already?

11. Jan 12, 2016 at 7:14 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    I know @CookieMonster was in contact with him/received sliders in the last month or so from BEEFEDTACO. I know he waited 6 months maybe he can chime in.

CookieMonster likes this.
  12. Jan 14, 2016 at 11:05 AM
    ch3st3an

ch3st3an New Member

Member:
    Maui, HI
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Tacoma
    Yes I already did. I'll give it another month and wait for a response and I'll see what happens.

13. Jan 14, 2016 at 11:10 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    Strip him of his vendor status, seriously. (if that hasn't happened already)

Lord Helmet likes this.
  14. Jan 14, 2016 at 7:14 PM
    tcBob

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    We took him off the front page vendor list, stuck that big red warning at the top of his section and removed his vendor badge. He's definitely not officially still a vendor...I'd like him to get in contact with any of the staff so we can see what's going.

Keeping his vendor subforum still open (with the warning at the top) lets everyone still discuss if they've heard anything, and prevents random "Has anyone heard from Beefed Taco" threads

Lord Helmet likes this.
  15. Jan 27, 2016 at 3:34 PM
    CookieMonster

CookieMonster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD Sport
    I've been a bit MIA myself lately so I apologize for not getting on this sooner. From my dealings with him I would say that you have to posses an EXTREME amount of patience or be willing to get somewhat aggressive. I have the emails on this and can share(maybe not publicly, I'm not 100% sure of the policy on this here) them if requested. I paid my down payment on 7/13/15 and was given a lead time of 4 to 5 weeks, around the end of September I began to get inquisitive. October I started reaching out to him more frequently but was still patient as I was going on vacation and wouldn't be able to do anything with them until November. Early November I started getting a bit pissy and by late November I was down right pissed off. Ended up getting them delivered on 12/4/15. Yeah... 4-5 weeks apparently translates to 4-5 months, if you get pissed off/raise a big enough stink.

If you need more info you might want to PM me so I can get back to you a bit sooner. Good luck though!

16. Jan 27, 2016 at 3:45 PM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    I'm interested in ordering some frame plugs from his online store and I do not want to wait several months to receive them. Anyone have any experience with this product?

Although I really like his bolt on slider steps, I've given up on ordering any. Sent him a couple messages and he never replied. Too bad because only he makes them, afaik.

17. Jan 27, 2016 at 3:50 PM
    CookieMonster

CookieMonster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD Sport
    I haven't heard a single good thing about his customer service. His products on the other hand are great... as long as you can afford to wait for them.

and then wait some more.

18. Jan 27, 2016 at 11:11 PM
    2nd screen name

2nd screen name Tacodelaplaya

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    LV/SD
    Vehicle:
    06 AC Sport Prerunner
    Front: Maxtrac, DK heim UCA, 6112 Rear: AP expos, Fox 2.5 RR DSC Fn fivestar with General reds
    Damn need that carrier drop kit for my expos. Placed an order a week ago. No contact. he isn't too far from me maybe 45 min so if I can get a hold i hopefully can pick up

19. Jan 28, 2016 at 9:50 AM
    2nd screen name

2nd screen name Tacodelaplaya

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    LV/SD
    Vehicle:
    06 AC Sport Prerunner
    Front: Maxtrac, DK heim UCA, 6112 Rear: AP expos, Fox 2.5 RR DSC Fn fivestar with General reds
    Got a hold of him. Very busy working on sliders for someone now. Give him some time and best way to reach him was over the phone.

I told him I was trying to get the truck ready to camp for hammers race this weekend. Said to text him Monday to remind him and he will weld it up and ship it the same day

20. Jan 28, 2016 at 10:08 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Good luck with that

KB Voodoo and Lord Helmet like this.
To Top