1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mid travel King vs Fox

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by roadrashchic, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Jan 15, 2017 at 7:11 PM
    roadrashchic

roadrashchic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black TRD Sport double cab
    Engine: K&N filter CAI Suspension: KING 2.5" Rem. Res. Ext. Travel Coilover w/Comp Adj (front and rear). Total Chaos Uni-Ball UCA’s and Deaver J66 1.5" Rear Leaf Pack. Tires: 285/75/16 BFG KO2's FUEL WHEELS D525 REVOLVER MATTE BLACK AND MILLED Exterior: Pelfreybilt sliders and hybrid front bumper/skid Front-runner Roof Rack, slim-line II, bed rack, tent, and 3 INCH LED 16W FLOOD LAMPS, (mounted to the hood via rentlentless fabrication mounts.) WishList: (pending soon..) bushwacker fender flares 40" LED bar winch rear high clearance bumper bigger tent with higher bed rack
    I know there is already a few posts about these.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out which fox setup will be best for me.
    my truck is still my daily driver... but I want to take it overlanding a few times here and there.
    I have a 2015 TRD sport 4door.

I bought BFG KO2 285/75R16, but obviously need a slight lift to fit these tires.

I've been trying to educate myself on suspension.. and have been eye balling this set up.
    http://www.offroadshocks.com/tacoma-king-shocks-and-total-chaos-uca-complete-kit-front-and-rear.html.

However, I've talked to a friend that told me Fox has adjustable coilovers. which I think would be pretty sweet, i.e.: lift it higher for my highway so I can get my mall crawler happiness in.. but then adjust it when I'm ready to do some trail blazing.

I've found these.. but are these going to fit?

Tacoma Fox Reservoir Coilovers With Adjuster Front 0-3 Inch Lift Code: 880-06-418

with
    Tacoma Pre-Runner 2WD Fox Reservoir With Adjuster Rear 3.5-5 Inch Lift
    Code: 985-26-118-PR

I see the 2WD and get confused. haha..

HELP!?!? also I found total chaos uppers on Amazon for a cheaper price.

2. Jan 15, 2017 at 7:14 PM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    Engine: K&N filter CAI Suspension: KING 2.5" Rem. Res. Ext. Travel Coilover w/Comp Adj (front and rear). Total Chaos Uni-Ball UCA’s and Deaver J66 1.5" Rear Leaf Pack. Tires: 285/75/16 BFG KO2's FUEL WHEELS D525 REVOLVER MATTE BLACK AND MILLED Exterior: Pelfreybilt sliders and hybrid front bumper/skid Front-runner Roof Rack, slim-line II, bed rack, tent, and 3 INCH LED 16W FLOOD LAMPS, (mounted to the hood via rentlentless fabrication mounts.) WishList: (pending soon..) bushwacker fender flares 40" LED bar winch rear high clearance bumper bigger tent with higher bed rack
    oh also do you recommend I also get AAL?

3. Jan 15, 2017 at 7:17 PM
    tacomgee

tacomgee just ain't care....

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    NorCal - Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2015 Supercharged Taco
    Mostly whatever sweet stuff I can find at Vatozone
  4. Jan 15, 2017 at 7:19 PM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    lol thanks, but its hard to dissect that thread. I know what I want if I were to go King... but I'm curious what the equivalent Fox setup would be. because I like the adjustable aspect of it.

5. Jan 15, 2017 at 7:24 PM
    tacomgee

tacomgee just ain't care....

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    NorCal - Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2015 Supercharged Taco
    Mostly whatever sweet stuff I can find at Vatozone

Bentrodder likes this.
  6. Jan 15, 2017 at 8:58 PM
    3coma

3coma my kid says my truck is "Boss"

Member:
    First Name:
    rob
    Vehicle:
    19 dcsb sport cement 4x4
    Any time you make adjustments to your coilovers you will be changing your alignment numbers. If you're talking about getting reservoirs with damping adjustment clickers that's a different story. Just a heads up.

YotaDan likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top