1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mildew smell

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blake2035, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:55 AM
    blake2035

blake2035 [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Off Road Package
    Hey everyone, I need a little advice to help get rid of a mildew smell in my truck. I had a cooler leak pretty much all the way through my back passgenger seat. I put a fan on it to dry it as much as I possibly could but now there is a mildew smell in the car coming from that area. Do you all have any advice or suggestions on how to get rid of the smell permanently, what products have you all used for this, what steps should I take, etc. Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:58 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    id say get one of those upholstery cleaners the ones that shoot soapy water into the fabric and sucks it out

3. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:18 AM
    Warren Thompson

Warren Thompson GeoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma DC TRD Sport RadRed
    Mildew smell is a chronic problem, especially in humid areas. The best, and usually the only way to totally remove mildew spores is to use TSP or bleach. But this may discolor your fabric.

4. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    smallcandle

smallcandle The clown has no penis...

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    South-central Kansas
    Vehicle:
    02 DC TRD SR5 4X4
    Deck plate mod, Maglite console mount, Husky Liners front and back, Black powder coated OEM rims, BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's 265/75/16, Grillcraft MX black insert, Hella 500FF mounted behind grill
    You may have to take the back seat out and put fans on it from both sides to get it completely dry. It would be difficult to get enough air flow behind the seat while its in your cab, and you don't want to let mold start growing in there.

Products Discussed in

To Top