1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Milestar Patagonia A/T 10ply

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Lelandt, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Nov 29, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    Lelandt

Lelandt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    bully bull bar, halo/angle eye headlights, 20" cree led light bar mounted on bull bar. 42" radius light bar from extreme LEDs 2 led pods, Spare tire mount on bed
    Last update 4/23/18

so I was in the market for some new tires and I was on a Budget and searched for weeks. I wanted a 10 ply tire so just that brings the price up. I found these milestar patagonia A/T tires that looked descent and only $140 a tire. I search around and didn't find anything really on them other than their site. And a few people hear and there asking about them. The are rated for 50k miles and that's what I hope to get seeing I drive +/- 25k a year and would like to get two years out of a tire. So I pulled the trigger. I will keep an up date on these sense there is nothing really out there for them. I don't rotate as much as some of you guys do so keep that in mind driving as much as I do I would rotate them every other month so I do it about every 10k or when I notice something is a little off. So anyway here they are on. Like I said they look ok I wish I could of got a better tire but I don't mind these so far. Been on one day.
    IMG_0087.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    First 500 miles
    The tires Are pretty quiet and ride smooth no different than the stock BF Goodrich in that category. And tonight I drive home in freezing rain with icy roads. They are better the the stock BFG's there there was a little slipping but it's ice, I'm happy with them so far

1000 miles
    With 1,000 miles on them I have driven in rain,freezing rain, dry, and dirt roads. So far I like the tires and they have been good in everything so far. Installed 2 more so running all 4 of these

2500 miles
    2,500 miles on them I think they are above average for all around "road/daily driver" so far

7,500 mile mark and I am still pleased with the tires. They did great this winter an they feel good. I am starting I notice a little wear as well only in comparing new pictures from old.
    IMG_1704.jpg

10,000 tire rotation
    10,000 miles in them! They are still smooth and quiet no real change at all. There is noticeable wear now compared to new when looking at the pictures.
    IMG_1705.jpg

15000 miles now and they are still going strong. Still just as quiet as new and performing well on wet roads dirt roads and dry pavement. All wear is even as well. It's been a hard year for a good review because we only had 3 small snow storms and not much rain this summer. Mostly pavement miles with some dry dirt roads
    IMG_1706.jpg
    20k on them now and still running great! They are starting to get a little noise to them but they are still wearing normal and performing well. I'm getting close to around half tread. But still no change in the performance I took the truck about 20 miles into the woods on old logging roads the last 2-3 were pretty much a trail. Going through mud and water, and over rocks (some in the water that I couldn't see to avoid) and these held up great. This is why I got the 10 ply
    IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg

23,000 tire rotation
    As I said in the first post I don't rotate as much as I should but I did around 10k and just did again around 23k at 20 they were still great but around 22-23k they started to get quite noisy. And I could start to see some wear in the inside of the tires. Within a week or two the noise was back to normal and ware was even.

Hit 25k a couple weeks ago. And still pleased it looks like a still have just over half tread left. not much different than 20k. The real test will be this winter. Looks like we are actually going to have one this year and with half tread it will be a little different than new tires and only 2-3 minor stormes last year.
    IMG_1709.jpg

Still going strong and a little less than half tread the 2nd winter was just as good as the first but with a ton more snow. I went through 2ft one day and helped a couple cars out of the snow banks. Very happy with these tires in the snow.

Conciterable amount of wear now heading into the 3rd winter I can tell you guys this will be the last winter. They are still doing ok in the snow. We have had a couple decent stormes so far and they have done ok. Still a little life left.
    0E4995BB-5810-4199-B64B-EDF4EC26DA85.jpg

684DD068-6B3D-4D81-B063-E61F660CE4D1.jpg
    (Pictures at 43k)

There going fast. The last few /32’s I feel like have gone buy faster than ever. Tires are starting to get sketchy in the snow,still ok on dry and even wet but I’m being careful not looking like they will last the summer.

That’s it.
    They ran out of life. Didn’t get my goal of 50k but I can’t complain about these tires. There a good A/T for daily driving.

Dry pavement
    These are great on dry pavement, like any AT tire should. There quiet and responsive. And they ware we're well. I highly recommend them to the mostly pavement people that are looking to save a little money.

Wet pavement
    These are exceptional on wet roads. They cut through puddles and rarely hydro plain most of the time I just feel a tug on the steering wheel. They have almost the same response as in dry roads.

Dirt roads(logging roads)
    I actually love these on dirt they have been great. They are not affected by lots of Little Rock's
    The side walls hold up. And can still grab when the road turns to mostly grass. They also don't throw rocks which is a plus

Mud
    I heavent seen much mud but 2-3 times I have been in a little bit maybe 30' of 10" ruts is the most I have seen. They did well. I wouldn't be able to give a very accurate review yet but I never needed 4 wheel drive.

Snow
    So after a year with them I can finally give a good review in the snow. With 24-26k on them I have Been in some pretty big snow storms with no issues. I went through 27" of fresh snow in my 60' driveway I just went for it and made it. I have driven on roads with 5-6" of unplowed snow. Slush and about a half mile of a snowmobile trail. If any of you are looking for a winter tire I highly recommend these. (They are studable to) they have the ❄️ Logo on them to

As for soft sand I don't think I'll ever see any so I can't speak on that.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    SportsmanJake and ChadsPride like this.
  2. Nov 29, 2015 at 10:12 AM
    amxguy1970

amxguy1970 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Texas
    Why a 10 ply? If you drive so much and money is tight the hit in MPG doesn't seem worth it to me unless you are regularly off road or towing heavy often. For $15 more the Grabber AT2 in P rating have a 60k warranty so figure near the same for the LT version. Let us know how those work out.

Tyler

3. Nov 29, 2015 at 11:07 AM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    bully bull bar, halo/angle eye headlights, 20" cree led light bar mounted on bull bar. 42" radius light bar from extreme LEDs 2 led pods, Spare tire mount on bed
    I guess it's cause of TW lol I have seen so many people with sidewall blowouts from the p rated tires. And I already had 10 ply on the truck and sense I only really needed 2 I wanted to keep it the same. My other tires still have about 30% but will be getting the other two as soon as I can. I was lookin at the generals to and also the Hankook ATM's. P's would of been a little cheaper to but I was thinking the 15/32 would last longer than 12 or 13/32. Maybe idk lol....

4. Dec 1, 2015 at 7:45 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    So I have put about 200 miles on them so far. The tires Are pretty quiet and ride smooth no different than the stock BF Goodrich in that category. And tonight I drive home in freezing rain with icy roads. They are better the the stock BFG's there there was a little slipping but it's ice, I'm happy with them so far

5. Dec 12, 2015 at 4:06 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    With 1,000 miles on them I have driven in rain,freezing rain, dry, and dirt roads. Still waiting on the snow I can't believe it's 55 degrees in December. So far I like the tires and they have been good in everything so far. I'll post again after some snow

6. Dec 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    Finally got some snow today's out 5-6". And I was greatly supprised these tires worked great I was on the road before my road was plowed about 3-4" I was taking it easy, It was the first storm of the year. I barly had any sliding (unless intended lol) a little going up a steep hill but I didn't need 4 wheel drive at all. So far with 2,500 miles on them I think they are above average for all around "road/daily driver" use. All so far

7. Mar 3, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    7,500 mile mark and I am still pleased with the tires. They did great this winter an they feel good. I am starting I notice a little wear as well only in comparing new pictures from old. The wear is the only thing that would stop me from suggesting these to other people. But I will find out in time.

image.jpg

8. Mar 3, 2016 at 1:42 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    (New tire) 0 miles

image.jpg

9. Mar 4, 2016 at 4:33 AM
    ecotecin

ecotecin Wait, whut........

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB sold (2020 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab)
    Looks like it might be a good tire for an everyday driver. Any issue, they getting louder or wearing weird or losing traction now they have some mileage on them?

10. Mar 4, 2016 at 5:30 AM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    Not any louder yet lol. And yes that's what I'm using them for an everyday driver that can handle mild off road I don't notice any weird wear. I'm rotating them for the first time tomorrow

11. Mar 8, 2016 at 6:08 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    Went searching for some mud today because it has been wormer out lately, not much out there yet but it's coming. Might hit 70 degrees tomorrow and 50's and 60's the rest of the week. So there should be some by the weekend. And I'll let you guys know how these did. I did find some more snow/ice and again I am very pleased with these tires.

image.jpg

12. Mar 15, 2016 at 5:06 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    Found some mud today and they tires performed well. It wasn't enough to burry myself but about 10" deep in some ruts, didn't need 4x4 but this would be the worst I would see without looking for a mud hole.

13. Apr 5, 2016 at 2:06 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    10,000 miles in them! They are still smooth and quiet no real change at all. There is noticeable wear now compared to new when looking at the pictures

image.jpg

14. Apr 5, 2016 at 7:44 PM
    ecotecin

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    How much wear would you say there is on them?

15. Apr 6, 2016 at 5:27 PM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    I would say I'm down to about 11-12/32 from 15/32

16. May 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    15,000 miles now and they are still going strong. Still just as quiet as new and performing well. All wear is even as well.

image.jpg

17. May 29, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
  18. Jun 12, 2016 at 11:25 AM
    ecotecin

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    These might be a possibility of winter tires for me. I need to get a set so i can take my good wheels off for the winter.

Lelandt[OP] likes this.
  19. Aug 11, 2016 at 3:00 AM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    20k on them now and still running great! They are starting to get a little noise to them but they are still wearing normal and performing well. I'll post tread picture later today.

ecotecin likes this.
  20. Aug 11, 2016 at 3:08 AM
    Lelandt

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    That would be a good idea. They are studdable to. And for a good price.

ecotecin[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top