1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Miller Jeep trail (Socal)

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by J4RR, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Sep 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM
    PR45

PR45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5 4cyl
    Having done Miller on a motorcycle a couple of times, I can tell you it's a mo fo, (long form actually)

I've seen some trucks hung up on it with buggered up lower body panels.

Let's see, should I try it with my Prerunner on stock tires, or with my Ford Exploder 4x4 with the girly-man running boards....?

2. Sep 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    ccoorreeyy

ccoorreeyy www.EvolvedFinance.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Los Angeles (South Bay)
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab 4x4 SR5 Debadged
    BHLM, Revenge Fab Rock-Sliders, BFG TA KO's, N-Fab light bar with 4 Hella 500's, Rear Suspension TSB, TRD Exhaust, CB Radio, 100W Ultra bright headlights, JBL Sound
    Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna pass on the trail till I get my sliders and my lift. :eek:

3. Sep 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    i was just back in lockwood camping about 3 weeks ago. lots of fun to be had back there but prerunners are gonna have a hard time getting up some of those hills but there is still plenty of fun to be had back there...the dry river bed is fun to haul ass on but i dont think it's 100% legal... good hiking to some fire towers w/ great views too here's a couple pics from my trip back there. sorry, only took 1 of the truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    is that the fire tower that at Cuyama Peak ? I been wanting to hit up Los Padres lately, probably hit up Quatal Canyon and Cuyama Peak this weekend

5. Sep 15, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    no it's the tower @ thorne point. my buddy and i drove all over after thorne point trying to find the cuyama peak tower. do you know where it is? we could see it from the 33 but couldn't find the road to get to the dirt road.

6. Sep 15, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    Its pretty easy to get to just follow the directions, its a pretty cool trail some parts get pretty steep.. I burned my clutch out the day after I did this trail, If anyones down to hit it up let me know.. Thinking about doing it maybe this weekend..

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=BGS130-030

Taken from trails.com

"Cuyama Peak Trail climbs a long spur to the old lookout tower on Cuyama Peak. The lookout is not maintained and the road up to it sees correspondingly little maintenance, making it rougher than many other such lookout trails. The trail leaves California 33 at an unmarked intersection south of marked Ballinger Canyon Road. The sandy trail runs across a river flat before crossing the wide, sandy wash of the Cuyama River. It then joins the paved Santa Barbara Canyon Road. If the Cuyama River crossing is impassable for any reason, an alternative entry/exit to the trail can be found at the junction of Santa Barbara Canyon Road and California 166, a couple of miles east of New Cuyama. This route is longer but avoids the sandy river crossing. Special Attractions: Cuyama Peak Fire Lookout and shingle cabin; Rough, unmaintained shelf road climbing to Cuyama Peak; Popular trail for hunters (in season) and bird-watchers. High-clearance 4WDs are preferred, but any high-clearance vehicle is acceptable. Expect a rough road surface; mud and sand are possible but will be easily passable. You may encounter rocks up to 6 inches in diameter, a loose road surface, and shelf roads, though these will be wide enough for passing or will have adequate pull-offs."

7. Sep 15, 2009 at 3:44 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That shot looks bitch'n

So is your truck lifted ? Always wanted to do MJT but from the looks of it I think I will wait till I at least get some sliders, or a lift..

Dont you end up at the top of Alamo Mountain near the Dutchman campgrounds ? Looks like you cross Piru creek as well

8. Sep 15, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
  9. Sep 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM
    J4RR

J4RR [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    The OC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB TRD SPORT 4X4
    Yeah had the lift back then, I would never do that trail without a lift, sliders and tires at least!
    On that run 2 trucks didn't make it out, 1 old built toyota truck (broken tie rod) and a T100 (blew up front diff).

Would do that trail again in second though, it was a blast running it, I don't know if it has been re-opened though.

Products Discussed in

To Top