1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mini H1 7.0 reflector bowl width?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by NightProwler, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Oct 10, 2016 at 8:48 PM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Looking to see if the 7.0 is in fact smaller than the 6.0. From what little I've found, it appears so. And that little bit of difference would make a huge impact on my install. Specifically the width of the reflector bowl. The 6.0 has the stepped notch in the bowl (thus being wider I presume) whereas the 7.0 looks like it does not. Unless the 7.0 bowl is just larger and makes up for it in size without the step... The bowl also looks to be a tad more elongated.

Anyone confirm this or have any dimensions/side by side shots for me? (6.0vs7.0)

2. Oct 10, 2016 at 11:32 PM
    snowbrdd

snowbrdd Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Oct 11, 2016 at 12:27 AM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Thanks but not what I need. That was the first place I looked of course. Then scoured the net but still didn't find what i was looking for. I'm looking for the dimension of just the reflector bowl. Or a comparison of it to the 6.0. I found the same specs of the 6.0 Just like the 7.0 diagrams, but nothing that compared the two, or the dimensions I needed. The 6.0 is a total of 136Mm and the 7.0 is 139 total. But the reflector bowls look quite differently shaped...

I was hoping someone had one of each for a side by side comparison photo. Or knew of a source that did compare them. I guess I'll just have to order some 7.0 and find out. Just figured someone might've done this before. Because now it's a question of whether or not the 7.0 will fit due to the change in design, or if I'll be better off going a different route. But that would require a whole new hid kit and whatnot. I've since emailed trs as well and will see what they say.

Apparently no one thought that the shape of the reflector bowl would play a part in fitment, but in my case it does. Figures, heh.

4. Oct 11, 2016 at 8:51 AM
    snowbrdd

snowbrdd Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm about 90% certain the drawings are to scale, so you should be able to derive the measurements that you need. Or print out a to-scale copy and compare with your 6.0.

Products Discussed in

To Top