1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mirror Rattle - how do you tighten bolts?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wiscdave, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jan 6, 2011 at 6:07 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave [OP] Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    My 2nd gen has the famous mirror/door rattle on the drivers door when its cold out. Its getting worse and today it drove me nuts..how do you get at the bolts on the mirror to see if they are loose? Any other ideas on what is making the noise? Its consistant at hwy speeds with window up or down, so its not the weather stripping.

2. Jan 6, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    Does the mirror not rattle when you hold onto it out said open window? If so pop off that black triangle in corner of door window and you will see the bolts. It should pop off by hand or help with a flat bladed tool. Other then that I'm not sure what you mean. Try shaking door or hitting door panel with hand to see if you can produce noise.

3. Jan 7, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave [OP] Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Fixed it for now anyways. I popped off the black triagle on the inside corner of the door and tightened that bolt (10mm I think) about 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn. The rattle is gone..and it was cold this morning. YEAH!!

4. Jan 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    yep,you got it.mine did the same thing on the pass. side.easy to do.

Products Discussed in

To Top