1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Misfire in cyl 2 - Fuel Injectors?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Derelict808, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Oct 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM
    Derelict808

Derelict808 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    White
    Aloha All,

I've been having a problem with my 95 2RZFE for a couple months now. After the truck warms up it starts misfiring in cyl. 2 from idle-2000 RPMs. As soon as it gets above 2k RPMs it runs great again.

The weird things is that this only happens after it gets significantly warm. I can drive for an hour or so on open roads/highway and it's great. But if I drive for 10 minutes city style "stop and go" it acts up right away. And the longer I drive it after it starts acting up the worse it gets. Also, it only misfires in cyl 2.

Codes: 0420 (CAT), EGR insuficient flow, Misfire in cyl 2

I've replaced CAP, Rotor, Plugs, Wires, Fuel Filter, Both O2 sensors, Radiator.
    I've also gutted the CAT, cleaned the MAF, and swapped Inj 1 + 2 (still getting cyl 2 code after swapping inj.)

The problem persists and is getting worse. My last hope is to replace the Fuel Injectors. Any advice, help, guidance would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo.

2. Oct 3, 2008 at 5:09 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Sounds like a bad Fuel injector. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top