1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moab trip from Canada

Discussion in 'Moab' started by TYetti, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Aug 28, 2015 at 11:16 PM
    TYetti

TYetti [OP] 4cylinders of awesomeness

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma AC 2.7L 5spd 4x4
    Looking to head to moab possibly in the new year maybe around May for a week. Looking to wheel the crap out of my truck while I'm there. But I'm also looking for some information, such as do you really need permits for trails? Camping, is there free camping? I'm so used to just driving out in the bush and setting up camp, I'd hate to break any rules or camp in a prohibited area.
    The truck
    3" lift, 32's, skids, sliders, front tube bumper, open diffs
    Is a rear locker a minimum ? I've been doing lots of reading, and it's hard to compare trails I've done here at home Vs trails anywhere else as theres no rating system here so it doesn't really compute for me....
    I know some trails are rated pretty high but that's why I'm asking. I'm also more than ok with adding things like 33's and a rear locker. I'm pretty confident in my skills with the truck and I'm not afraid to put them to the test either. Any help would be appreciated so I can adjust my timeline and mods to suit

I'll have two other trucks with me maybe more not sure yet couple guys are still building. I just wanna take advantage of my time there as its a long way to go

Products Discussed in

To Top