1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mods for a DD?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Early B., Oct 2, 2017.

1. Oct 2, 2017 at 7:27 PM
    Early B.

Early B. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    metro Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2014 2.7L, 5 lug Tacoma
    18" tires and rims, 2.75" Procomp lift, Fox shocks in rear.
    There's a zillion threads on mods for off-roading, camping, hauling stuff, or mods simply to make the truck look badass. But what about mods for those of us who use our 4 cyl. trucks 99% of the time just to go to work and run errands?

What is your best DD mod?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. Oct 2, 2017 at 8:03 PM
    5 Lug Fury

5 Lug Fury Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    1. Id say any all terrain will work fine (I have BFG KO's)
    2. IDk
    3. Rip out your secondary coal air filter and also throw in a afe pro dry filter
    4. Frostking from Home Depot
    5. No just use your phone
    6. IDk
    7. Probably
    8. Weld on Sliders
    9. Consider a tint place with a lifetime warranty
    10. At least remove the black box so you can add bigger tires, I like my lift and will be going bigger for 33's but that's only a select few of us. Also with a lift you can put better shocks in the rear and consider removing your swaybar only after shock replacement.

3. Oct 3, 2017 at 4:15 AM
    ChemDawg

ChemDawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5 4x4
  4. Oct 3, 2017 at 4:19 AM
    DOUBLLD

DOUBLLD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Bluemont, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma LS Swap Twin Turbo
    Alot
    buy a vehicle that comes with all that LOL

5. Oct 3, 2017 at 1:50 PM
    TheCookieMonster

TheCookieMonster cookies!!!!!!!!!!!

Member:
    North East
    Vehicle:
    1995 Hi Lux 22re 4x4 5speed
    Michelin MS2 K&N drop in filter
  6. Oct 3, 2017 at 5:14 PM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    1) Stick with all-season highway tires. Since you're a 5-lug on 18s size is upto you, but I'd stay close to stock diameter.
    2) Don't be a bitch? Honestly, I've never had problems with seat comfort. Run proper tire pressure and a tire with a softer sidewall will help absorb bumps and stuff in the road.
    3) AFE drop-in filter and secondary charcoal filter delete are good for a little more oomph. The LCE header helps a lot too.
    4) I don't know how to quiet down your cabinet or why you have a cabinet in your truck. As for the CABIN, sound deadening works wonders, but is labor intensive and adds weight. I just turn up the radio. :rofl:
    5) Really depends on how the reception is. I've got satellite radio in my WRX and reception where I am is shit. I can only listen to it for about half my commute to work. The other half, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    7) You're in Atlanta which is ghetto AF, so an alarm would be a good investment.
    6) If you're installing an alarm, you might as well get one with remote start. Also, if you're installing remote start, you might as well get an alarm.
    8) Park at the back of the lot away from other vehicles. If you're not off-roading, which I don't see happening in a 2wd 5-lug, sliders aren't worth the investment.
    9) I use a Covercraft brand sunshade. It works well. A windshield sunshade is pointless without tint. Get the best tint that your installer offers. It will be some kind of Ceramic IR tint most likely. I go as dark as is legal. My car is tinted to VA standards with is 50%/35% front/rear. My truck was tinted when I lived in NM, so it's tinted at 20%. The tint in the passenger window is starting to peel a little bit, so I'll probably end up having it redone next year. Also, remember that tint when applied to the window meters darker than what the tint is rated at.
    10) The information under your name says that you're already lifted. I've never been in a 5-lug truck, but I have no problems seeing over traffic in front of me in my Prerunner as long as the traffic isn't other trucks/suvs.

7. Oct 3, 2017 at 6:58 PM
    Early B.

Early B. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    metro Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2014 2.7L, 5 lug Tacoma
    18" tires and rims, 2.75" Procomp lift, Fox shocks in rear.
    I edited the original post because I didn't expect anyone to respond to all of the questions I posted. They were merely provided as examples of what someone with a DD might consider when modding their truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top