1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MODULAR ROOF RACKS

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Sauzacoma, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Dec 22, 2019 at 10:54 AM
    Sauzacoma

Sauzacoma [OP] IG: @Stancaban

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road (DCLB)
    Hello!
    A buddy and I are selling modular roof racks. These racks are made out of 2" x 1" aluminum extrusion, and the overall dimensions of them come to 60" L x 42" W (built to align with the standard width of the tracks laid down on most truck shells).

With this design you are able to customize spacing of the crossbars to accommodate different size/shape gear, as well as provide differently-spaced tie-down points.

Additionally, the T-slots in the extrusion allow users to insert different types of eyebolts, hooks etc. for securing gear. This roof rack lends itself to being extended upon, opening it up for the addition of new mounts, awnings, or whatever uses you can think up.

Assembly hardware is weatherproof, and for an additional $10, tamper-resistant hardware can be purchased for the mounting feet on the tracks on your roof to discourage theft.

As a personal note, I have had my rack on for almost a year now, I've seen no rust, there's been no theft attempts, it has held lots of my gear without fail from bundles of wood to canopies to all the in-between. I started with standard Thule crossbars and this rack has opened up so many more options for me.

Below are some pictures of the rack as seen on my truck:
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ccc.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f6e.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f78.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f89.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f82.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2cc6.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2cd5.jpg

**If Interested, please PM me**

2. Dec 26, 2019 at 1:54 PM
    Nick1992

Nick1992 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma
    Is there a version for the truck cab itself?

3. Dec 26, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    Shane06

Shane06 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma
    Hey! how much do you guys charge for a 6ft bed? and do you do anything over the cab?

Products Discussed in

To Top