1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moment of silence on 9/11

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sixgunsam, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Sep 10, 2007 at 9:05 PM
    Sixgunsam

Sixgunsam [OP] Member

Member:
    Gulfcoast of FLA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Taco Access cab 4x2 4cyl 5spd manual
    Class III Hitch...so far
    Howdy all, and thanks for your patience. Please take time for a moment of silence at 8:44 AM today for the 9/11 terrorist attack victims and all the Emergency Services personnel that valiantly gave their lives performing their duties. Our thoughts, best wishes and prayers for everyone affected by this event. I was working in the 911 Center in Sarasota, FL that day. When the News broke live we advised President Bush's security of the events. The rest, as they say, is history. Thanks Sixgunsam, 911 Dispatcher

2. Sep 10, 2007 at 9:53 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    Great post!!!!

3. Sep 11, 2007 at 6:24 AM
    Sixgunsam

Sixgunsam [OP] Member

Member:
    Gulfcoast of FLA
    Vehicle:
    Class III Hitch...so far
    Semper Fi!! Carry on! ;-}

4. Sep 11, 2007 at 8:41 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Amen. I'm glad you took the time to post this. Its amazing how some people can forget what happned. i'm actually pretty pissed off at work today. We have American flags in front of all our buildings and not a single flag is flying at half staff.

5. Sep 11, 2007 at 12:31 PM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    I work at a federal building and our flags are half staff. My wife has two cousins who lived through 911 one works for the NYPD and the other FDNY. This is def one day I will never forget.

6. Sep 11, 2007 at 1:36 PM
    MarkC

MarkC Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yokota AB, Fussa-Shi, Japan
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4 SR5
    2 inch spacer in the front, and homemade add a leaf in the rear, billet grille, bull bar
    I lived in Vernon Nj, was 15 and a sophmore in highschool, i was in English class and we were watching the new just like everymorning. then BAM news flash. sitting in school watching it live. about 30 min after the 2nd tower collapsed kids started getting called out of class....there parents worked in NYC. we left school early and on the bus ride home we got to the top of the mountian we lived on and there it was... you could see the smoke rising from NYC anf we lived an hour and a half away. 2 of my friends lost there fathers that day and that was the I decided to join the military. now September 11th 2007. I am now an Airman in the United States Air Force. Today was an erie day, usally the shop is roaring with people yelling and making jokes and doin the usual slacking off, but today was differnt. Everyone pretty much worked in silence and worked with great motivation. it was F-ing awsome to watch out F-15's launch know that I help make them fly and i help kill F-ing terrorist! I promised my 2 friends I would get revenge for them and now i can i say i have....... Sorry for the long post

RIP Mike Bradley & Bill Lucci and to all other that lost there lives that day

7. Sep 11, 2007 at 9:26 PM
    Sixgunsam

Sixgunsam [OP] Member

Member:
    Gulfcoast of FLA
    Vehicle:
    Class III Hitch...so far
    Mark C, Say what you want son, you earned the right! Even with all the National Observances and news channel chatter, there's still many who will let this day go by as "just another day". I'm thankful for a good memory and the knowledge that there's many of us that will never forget that day and the cowardly way terrorists carry out their mission to kill us. Seems only right we take precautions in our everyday lives to survive, and remain observant and thankful for what we have...oh yeah...and kick the living s*** out of those who want to hurt our loved ones, our families, our friends and Our Country! Fly High, Airman! And touch one of those F15's for the rest of us to wish them Godspeed in their Missions!

8. Sep 12, 2007 at 8:54 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    hey Mark, I'm sure i'm not alone when i say we appreciate what you do and thank God there are those that are willing to do it. That goes for all members of the armed forces. Do you guys still paint msgs on bombs and missles? If so you think you could do one for the members of TW? I want want one that says "If you can read this, your fu#ked" :)

9. Sep 12, 2007 at 12:26 PM
    MarkC

MarkC Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yokota AB, Fussa-Shi, Japan
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4 SR5
    2 inch spacer in the front, and homemade add a leaf in the rear, billet grille, bull bar
    next time I deploy I will make sure to write a message from TW on a bunker buster!

10. Sep 14, 2007 at 12:37 AM
    Sixgunsam

Sixgunsam [OP] Member

Member:
    Gulfcoast of FLA
    Vehicle:
    Class III Hitch...so far
    I second that MarkC. How about "Catch! Your turn!! from TW Members"

Products Discussed in

To Top