1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Monster.com Employer Views

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by cleanTRDmachine, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Aug 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine [OP] watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    Does anyone know if you are able to view which employers viewed the resume you uploaded to monster.com? :confused:

2. Aug 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Do yourself a favor and take your resume off of monster. When I was unemployed a few years ago I actually ended up taking mine off of monster and careerbuilder because I was getting so much spam and offers for pyramid schemes, jobs asking me to relocate (when my profile specifically says NO RELO!), etc. I didn't get any legitamate calls or interviews from those sites. Try an industry specific recruiting site to the industry you are looking to work. You will have better results.

3. Aug 10, 2011 at 7:48 AM
    darcy

darcy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darcy
    Chatt, TN
    Vehicle:
    '89 4Runner / '00 Tacoma
    stuff.
    I agree 100% -- I was unemployed for about a year and a half (kind of taking a break anyway) and never got a legitimate offer, short of just using it to send an email/resume to an ad posted on the site (like staffing agencies post) it really isn't the place 'good' employers go looking for applicants.

Every decent job I've gotten has been either through a friend, or through local newspaper ads; actually, my current (awesome) job was posted in the local paper, I applied the same day (thursday), interviewed the next (friday), and started the next monday :)

Craigslist is a good source, but again, there are a lot of spammy ads on there so you have to be careful about sending out resumes.

Products Discussed in

To Top