1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Montana peeps, I has question!

Discussion in 'North West' started by Iamraiderpower, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Feb 29, 2016 at 12:45 PM
    Iamraiderpower

Iamraiderpower [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So the wife and I will be on a long road trip in June that will be including Montana, specifically the glacier park area.

Will the Road to the Sun road be open ya think? I know it closes during winter, but when does it open back up?

We want to do some hiking and kayaking around Saint Mary and McDonald lakes..

2. Feb 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM
    idahbro

idahbro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR AC
    Leer XL Cap, Thule Rack, Weathertech Mats, Sleeping Deck/Bed Storage, Pop and Lock Tailgate Lock
  3. Feb 29, 2016 at 5:50 PM
    Iamraiderpower

Member:
    idahbro[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Mar 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    No set date for the opening but as they plow they will open sections of the road. Depending on what time in June you arrive here you may be able to travel the entire length of the road or you may only be able to travel a bit of it. As they plow they will open sections of the road until the entire road is clear. We haven't had a tremendous amount of snow this winter so I think there's a good chance it will be open "early". Bookmark the plowing status page in the previous link and keep an eye out for their progress. Also worth watching their feed on flickr, they'll post pics of hte plowing activity. And even if the park road is not open and you can only see parts of the park there is always highway 2 that goes along the southern boundary of the park, that stays open year round. If you have the time I highly recommend checking out the two medicine and many glacier areas on the east side as well - love it over there!
    [​IMG]

5. Mar 3, 2016 at 6:04 AM
    Iamraiderpower

Member:
    @MTgirl Thanks for that great info! We cant wait to make our way up there to do some exploring :D

MTgirl likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top