1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

More 60/40 and bracket questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Hillingdoner, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Jan 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Been reading through various searches all AM and don't have a clear answer on these questions so here goes.

Found a pair of Tacoma buckets, but the owner used the brackets for something else. Seats appear to be 2002ish models looking at the pattern. Have the tilt and everything here, but said he used the rollers for something else which I read it as used the mounting brackets.

My question is, can the Tacoma 60/40 split bench brackets be used to bolt these in?

Other thought I had was to see if I could find another "40" bucket that matched my existing one. Other than the tilt mechanism handle being on the wrong side (towards the centre instead of on the outside) anyone know of any problems trying to mount this into the truck using the existing brackets of the 60 side?

Only ask as if the bracket deal is too involved or expensive to fit the seats without brackets then might be cheaper to find another 60/40 and try and adapt the 40 side.

Comments, help, thoughts?

On a super tight budget so trying to find the most economical swap that looks factory. 60/40 does not work for us as seat position for the 60 hits me right in the shoulder when I'm in the passenger seat and so is uncomfortable. Also looking to fit some sort of console for additional storage.

Thanks for any help.

2. Jan 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Hillingdoner

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Well, at least from first look the finding another "40" seat from a split bench does not look like it will work. Someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Issue I see most of all is that the seat belt is on the wrong side also.

Only thing would be is if the '40' seat brackets would unbolt and the seat matched up with the existing '60' side of the seat bracket wise. Then could maybe bolt the '40' seat in place of the 60 seat using the 60 bracket and mounts on the floor. Then maybe the the 60 seat belt would work.

Anyone?

Anyone done this or have answers/experience with the stuff in the first post?

Thanks for any help.

3. Mar 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Hillingdoner

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    Closing this thread. Lucky enough to get a set of 1999 regular cab buckets that swapped in. Had identical bracket mounts on them to the 60/40 seats. Straight bolt in. Seat belt latches on the bucket seats worked with my existing shoulder belts as well.
    Cheers

Products Discussed in

To Top