1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Morimoto Mini Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by schiz94, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 [OP] Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    So i was wondering if anyone could chime in. I am concerned about My Morimoto Mini D2S projectors. The solenoid wire is wrapped around one of the metal arms inside. and the end connector will not fit underneath that metal arm. Is this a problem?I received the projectors like this. is it normal? I will attach some detailed pics of what i am talking about. Thanks

2. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    schiz94

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
  3. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    schiz94

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    TT please help

4. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    blawrie

blawrie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey man so Im pretty sure the projectors shouldn't come like that, probably just a glitch from when they were put together. That being said I can't see it causing any harm as the wire doesn't look to be in the way of the solenoid itself. If you can hook them up and test them first before actually installing them in your headlight. Then you will know for sure if the wire gets in the way. Hope that helps ya man and good luck installing, post pics once your all done!!!

5. Feb 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    schiz94

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    thanks. im prolly gonna just call trs in the morning and see whats up

6. Feb 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    schiz94

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Just in case anyone looks at this for help. The wire is supposed to be like this. It is supposed to keep the wire from coming out of that Yellow stuff. yeah so retrofit ran into a halt.(dont have a drill) so next weekend it will continue

Products Discussed in

To Top