1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounting a portable Nav unit

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JACKEL142, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jul 22, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    JACKEL142

JACKEL142 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sport LB 4x4 Speedway
    Has anyone installed a nav unit in the storage box at the bottom of the stack?
    If so, any problems getting a signal?

2. Jul 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Why do you want it that low?? That is WAY outta the normal scan/vision range for driving- means you spend seconds with your eyes down off the road.

(Sorry...Pilot in me talking- We try to keep eyes looking out as much as possible. It's just an opinion- Take it for what you will.)

I've got mine in the upper most left corner of the window so i can look up at it and still see motion out side the car. It does not block any important vision fields, it is not RIGHT in your face all the time, and you can run a permanent power cable up the door pillar and leave it there.

3. Jul 22, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    JACKEL142

JACKEL142 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sport LB 4x4 Speedway
    i'd rather have it not blocking my vison out the windshield.
    that's what the voice commands are for.
    Besides, I hate the look of stuff hanging from the windshield (i.e 80's radar detector look), and less chance of someone breaking into the truck to steal it.

Products Discussed in

To Top