1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounting bolts for cabrack

Discussion in 'PrInSu Design Studio' started by steiner9er, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Apr 11, 2019 at 10:26 PM
    steiner9er

steiner9er [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    DC area (home), Cincinnati area (school)
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tacoma off-road
    Prinsu Cabrack ALLPRO bed rack Tepui Kukenam 3 Wrangler Duratrac
    Has anyone had issues with the bolts that go into the roof not fitting? I bought my buddies prinsu and it came with all the mounting hardware from Prinsu. The ones that he recieved were standard, and he used an impact to get them into the thread. After taking it off his, we looked at the thread on his roof and it is completely useless now. We went to the hardware store and found the proper bolts (metric), but they only had steel (not stainless), so it is a VERY temporary fix. Has anyone else had this problem? I cant find the right sized bolts that are stainless steel anywhere, does anyone know where I could get them?

2. Apr 11, 2019 at 10:48 PM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    Probably 6mm x 1.0 SS button head cap screw, black oxide is what's included with Thule racks and that seems pretty rust resistant as well. https://www.amazon.com/M6-1-00-Butt...5047874&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull-spons&psc=1
    Mine's an AC so I don't have the welded in nuts but you already know the size, just search that size in SS button head cap screw.

Pick up a 1/4" hex driver that fits the cap screw and start each screw by hand and make sure it threads easily before tightening with any leverage tool(ratchet, screw gun, impact driver) an impact driver can easily cross thread but still fully drive the screw and fuck the threads.

Products Discussed in

To Top