1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounting my new HiLift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kingston73, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I have a hilift and the 4XRAC mount kit, but how do I drill through the bed and still be able to attach the nuts to the bolts for the mounting points? I've got the standard toyota plastic liner in the bed, and want to mount the jack on the right hand/ passenger side. I've read several different threads for mounting but they're all for 2nd gens.

2. Jan 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Ptowntaco

Ptowntaco Camburg :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Petaluma Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner TRD
    Tint, Socked, Deck Plate mod, Camburg 2.5 coils, Camburg UCA, 5100's in the rear, Custom Deaver leaf pack, Micky Thomson Classic Locks, BFG KM2, CB
    I am also interested in this... I am thinking about buying one and that is how i would like to mount mine when i get it.

3. Jan 5, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    i made custom mounts for mine. i dont have my camera seeing as im in baton rouge right now but when i get home thursday i will click some pictures and post up. i basicall hung 2 8" long plates from the inside of the bed rail and mounted it behind that.. but i have roll bars and it was a 60" high lift so i was kinda limited on places i could put it i think the 4xrack was designed for toolboxes and such and on the 2nd gen beds i think have a place to put them on the bed sides.

4. Jun 29, 2012 at 9:00 PM
    hokiruu

hokiruu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    '00 4x4 TRD V6 SR5
    Old thread revivial. I'm in the same boat. Want to mount it to the bed with 4xrack, how do you do this to make it theft resistant without removing the bed?

Products Discussed in

To Top