1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moving from Carson to Menifee/perris/winchester/hemet

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Beer-toe, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Jul 30, 2020 at 7:37 PM
    Beer-toe

Beer-toe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    What's up TW I need some advice or help in making a decision. I will keep this short.

Currently I live in Carson, but have a opportunity to work in Moreno valley( riverside university health services) county hospital.

I really would like to get out of the LA area and to move out there if I decide to take this opportunity. I would like a bigger home for me and my family, and to get away from the ghetto LA scene and this crowded traffic filled city.

My parents live in murrieta and i think its beautiful. I want to find something in between my new job, my parents house and something affordable. High 300k to to low 400k.

I'm not familiar with the area, no friends or other family besides my parents but even they are new to the area.

So can you guys help me, I'm considering menifee, wildomar or possibly lake elsinore any pros and cons to each?

My kiddos are 2 and 7 , so decent schools are a must. And I'm coming from carson/west long beach so im used to living in the hood but would like to live in a safer area where me and family could go a walk at night and not have to worry.

I dont care for LA, and I'm excited to be surrounded by lakes, plenty more OHV area, camping and outdoor activities.

It would be cool to hear from other TW members and find some people local to me.

Any advice greatly appreciated

2. Jul 30, 2020 at 7:40 PM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    Oh and because thread is worthless without pictures

20200627_071813.jpg

bulalo and SoCalTbird like this.
  3. Jul 30, 2020 at 8:14 PM
    IEsurfer

IEsurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Socal
    Meifee Wildomar and lake elsinore are literally right next to each other. Stereotypically "redneck or white trashy" but lots of good/decent areas out there and way better than Perris or ghetto ass hemit. I personally wouldn't mind living in those 3 cities. If you have a little more money, the richer rednecks live in temecula/Murrieta

Moreno valley aka "moval" is another dump shithole, so the 4 cities you absolutely do NOT want to live in are; hemit, Perris, Moreno Valley and San Jacinto

Also plenty of traffic on the 15/215 during rush hour

69 Jim, TireFire, SoCal_Erik and 3 others like this.
  4. Jul 30, 2020 at 8:26 PM
    TacoPharm

TacoPharm Follower of Jibbers Crabst

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    SPC Light Racing UCA Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System Deaver Stage 1 Leafs Wheelers Superbumps x4 Wheelers U-bolt Flip Kit SCS Ray10 16x8 Gun Metal 285/75/r16 BFG A/T KO2 CMC by @Speed Freek 4.88 Gears CBI Alu Full Skids Sliders by @Shmellmopwho SOS Concepts Streamline Bumper Warn Xeon 10-S winch Factor 55 Flatlink E recovery shackle Optima Red Top 35 @Coupe “TRD” Batt. Hold down Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fogs Caliraised Ditch lights Hypertech Speedometer corrector Fend-X inner fender guards ARE Z-Series Topper DYI sleeping platform
    I grew up in Mo Val, and volunteered at the hospital back when it was still new in the early 2000’s

Unless things have changed, in the past few years, I’d shy away from Lake Elsinore. It has some nice parts with the newer homes to the north, but your commute to Mo Val will be much longer.

Lake Mathews area has some very nice homes with property if you can increase your budget. My Uncle lives there as did one of my old bosses.

Menifee is growing faster than infrastructure can keep up with, so there is traffic, but much of it is heading south to SD.

My friend lives in Winchester, very nice new homes in your price range, lots of of Tacos and other “Bromobiles” too haha.

There are a lot of options, much of it is suburban track homes with some rural options with land.

With the Hospital in the East side of Mo Val, you’ll have a bit of a trek once you leave the freeway. Avoid the 215/60 interchange, it gets crazy after 6am (well at least pre COVID). I’d take Ramona Expressway to Evans/Lessalle route if you plan on living south of MoVal.

5. Jul 30, 2020 at 8:34 PM
    TacoPharm

TacoPharm Follower of Jibbers Crabst

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    SPC Light Racing UCA Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System Deaver Stage 1 Leafs Wheelers Superbumps x4 Wheelers U-bolt Flip Kit SCS Ray10 16x8 Gun Metal 285/75/r16 BFG A/T KO2 CMC by @Speed Freek 4.88 Gears CBI Alu Full Skids Sliders by @Shmellmopwho SOS Concepts Streamline Bumper Warn Xeon 10-S winch Factor 55 Flatlink E recovery shackle Optima Red Top 35 @Coupe “TRD” Batt. Hold down Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fogs Caliraised Ditch lights Hypertech Speedometer corrector Fend-X inner fender guards ARE Z-Series Topper DYI sleeping platform
    Other places on the ghetto side:
    Perris, Mead Valley, Nuevo, Hemet

West San Jacinto is not that bad.

Central A/C is a must to be comfortable. Triple digit summer temps are common. Make sure to budget for energy bills in the summer too.

Edit: Pro tip, get a single story home if you can, cooling two story homes in the summer can be very costly, but if you can get a home wired with solar, you could potentially offset the cost.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  6. Jul 30, 2020 at 9:11 PM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    Perris was a option when we were first house hunting but I do not hear anything good from that place

7. Jul 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    Will definitely look into Winchester and lake matthews. And thank you for the traffic. Tip

TacoPharm[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jul 30, 2020 at 9:16 PM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    I would rather have a single story home but my wife is all excited about a 2 story home. And my next house must have central a/c but am also worried about the electric bill in the summer. So finding a house already equipped with solat is a plus. If not then I'm going to just buy it outright. Perks to owning a home in la county I'm walking away with good equity in my current home. I'm hoping to have the 20% down and some change left over for new furniture appliances and pay off some credit lines, so all I have is affordable mortgage and no other bills

TacoPharm[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jul 31, 2020 at 9:26 AM
    amansker

amansker Ramen!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC 4x4 6cyl Auto TRD Sport
    First, thanks for fulfilling my dream...moving out of LA! And I have never lived in LA.Seriously, the area has a lot to offer and is a great place to visit. We have family in that area.

I have a realtor friend in Menifee. We go back 25 years and rode bikes and camped all over the SW. I would be happy to hook you up if you ask. Good luck with the new job!

I'm sure you already know the discrepancy in housing costs. Dave and Julie live Menifee in a ~2,900 sq. ft. new home with a value of $465k. Our 1200 sq.ft. home in Vista (seven miles from the coast) has the same value. You will do well!

Back in the late 80's they finished constructing I15 N. out of Escondido. The traffic was almost nothing. People relocated from San Diego county to Temecula, Menefee, etc. in hoards because of inexpensive land/housing. My friends that moved were not rednecks...quite the opposite.

10. Jul 31, 2020 at 10:57 AM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    Yea I'm really excited for this new chapter. Can you dm your friends info I have many questions for the housing out there.

And thank you for your input

11. Jul 31, 2020 at 11:36 AM
    amansker

amansker Ramen!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC 4x4 6cyl Auto TRD Sport
  12. Aug 7, 2020 at 11:30 AM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    Any input on romoland area?

13. Aug 7, 2020 at 11:47 AM
    BikerinBlak909

BikerinBlak909 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    96 LT 5 lug
    JD Fab LT kit 3" lift spindles Fox 2.5 x 10" dual rate Deaver F67 SUA, 9" shackles 8.4 prerunner rear end with 4.10 33 AT3 wildpeaks McNeil Fiberglass fenders PRP comp seats Doug Thorley long tube header K&N CAI
    I'm in Perris n have no problems and I'm the only white guy on the block. The newer track homes are decent May Ranch area. Menifee and Murrieta is nice and always see a bunch brodozer trucks. I believe Murrieta school district is 1 of the top in California. Lake Elsinore just like Perris has its rough areas. And I wouldnt go in that lake, its green.

14. Aug 7, 2020 at 11:59 AM
    ManInTheMaze

ManInTheMaze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Mendo
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2017
    IE represent! Anyways, I am a realtor if you need help! Or if you just have questions about areas or neighborhoods I will help you out the best I can. I sent you a PM.

Congrats and Good luck!

15. Aug 7, 2020 at 1:25 PM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    Yea it looks kinda gross. I like murrieta alot, but it looks like I can get alot more for my money in menifee. and it also puts me little closer to Moreno valley where i will be working

16. Aug 8, 2020 at 11:04 AM
    twiceTRD

twiceTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ejay
    Vehicle:
    2020 Midnight Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    I need to get on your level man... been in Carson my whole life (28 years) and even though the area is getting gentrified I need to get out of here lol

17. Aug 8, 2020 at 11:44 AM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    what parts you live at now?

18. Aug 8, 2020 at 11:49 AM
    Tacohumper13

Tacohumper13 IG @_.mfa_

Member:
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-road DCSB 4x4
    6112/5160s w/ camburg UCAs 265/70/17 wildpeaks JP8 conversion kit
    I’m in menifee. PM me if you want to chat online. I love menifee, just remember our tax rate here is becoming out of control. So you can buy a 400k home, but with our absurd mello-Roos it’s like having a 500k home with you pay your mortgage. I literally pay almost 750 in property tax a month here.

19. Aug 8, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    twiceTRD

twiceTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ejay
    Vehicle:
    2020 Midnight Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    I live near Stephen White which is pretty much on the boarder of Carson/Torrance.

20. Aug 8, 2020 at 11:52 AM
    Beer-toe

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    holy shit... my realter crunched some numbers and that mel roose come out to 550$ for 20 years... its kinda of a deal breaker, but then again you get a nice house in a great community

Products Discussed in

To Top