1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moving to Northern Colorado

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mog, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Sep 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM
    Mog

Mog [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD Sport 4x4 Silver
    Need some insider advice from folks from Colorado. May be taking a job opportunity in Greeley that will require some commuting to Loveland and Fort Collins as well, but mostly Greeley. Is there anything I should know or avoid? Thinking Windsor may be a nice in the middle spot. We have young kids so school quality is a factor. Reading stuff online makes Greeley sounds like it is ravaged with gang and criminal activity, is that true?

I am from Arizona and love hunting and outdoors stuff as an fyi.

2. Sep 16, 2016 at 12:19 PM
    azreb

azreb Geezer

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    '20 SR5 crew cab; gray
    camper shell, front camera, floor mats, cheap bed mat, dash camera, catalytic converter cover, fumoto
    I grew up in that part of the country. I have relatives in Greeley. They have had no problems, but some parts of town might not be very good. Windsor is probably ok. Eaton, Severance and Ault might be good choices, too.

FWIW, I am glad I don't live there any more. The population has gotten out of hand. What was great hunting and fishing in the 50s and 60s has become crowded. The trespass laws in Colorado are stricter than here. Land must be posted here if the land owner wants to keep you out. Not so there--you can be prosecuted for trespass even if the land is not posted. Nearly all, if not all, lakes in the area east of the mountains are leased out--no public access to most. There are lots of ducks and geese, but the good hunting areas are leased out.

Don't get in a hurry to drive around in Fort Collins. There are no freeways and traffic is a pain. Greeley traffic wasn't as bad as Fort Collins when I was there last year.

Not trying to discourage you--I was spoiled when I grew up there.

3. Sep 16, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    Tacoma SS

Tacoma SS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 09 on 35s
    Boost and flex and 35s
    No vacancy in Colorado :anonymous:

4. Sep 16, 2016 at 3:41 PM
    azreb

azreb Geezer

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    '20 SR5 crew cab; gray
    camper shell, front camera, floor mats, cheap bed mat, dash camera, catalytic converter cover, fumoto
    That should have been advertised 50 years ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top