1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MPG with this specific setup?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by huff.jeremy, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jan 27, 2010 at 4:00 AM
    huff.jeremy

huff.jeremy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2010 MagGray SR5 Access Cab, 4x4, 2.7L, 5spd
    OME 884's, OME shocks, Wheelers 1.5" AAL, Light Racing UCA, Jason Fiberglass top, URD Short Shifter, Fog Lights
    I know there are a LOT of threads dealing with MPG, but looking at everyones stated MPG in the multitude of threads and then trying to figure out what mods they have is way too time consuming.

I am looking for people with the same/similar taco and the same mods that I am wanting. I have a 2010 accesscab, 4x4, 2.7L, with manual transmission.

I am considering: Removing secondary filter, dropping in AFE pro dry filter, putting synthetic oil in engine & every gear box, and finally, DT headers.

Oh yeah, your tire size would be helpful

Thanks in advance

2. Jan 27, 2010 at 4:26 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    You forgot tire inflation pressure, whether or not driveline recently greased, high altitude or low altitude, what octane gas they're running, how many miles on the spark plugs, how many miles on the fuel filter, do they have a heavy foot or light foot, cold area or warm area, headwind or tailwind, bodyweight, gear/items stored in the truck, and a few other things.

There's a reason mileage estimates are estimates. There are way too many factors in play to predict anything meaningful.

Good luck, but I don't think any of the replies you'll get in here are going to coincide with what you get other than by chance.

3. Jan 27, 2010 at 4:35 AM
    huff.jeremy

huff.jeremy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2010 MagGray SR5 Access Cab, 4x4, 2.7L, 5spd
    OME 884's, OME shocks, Wheelers 1.5" AAL, Light Racing UCA, Jason Fiberglass top, URD Short Shifter, Fog Lights
    I appreciate the scientific analysis, but I am fine with estimates.

With whatever setup I choose, at some point I will drive in all of your stated conditions and environments. Taking a poll of others from various situations may still be helpful in the long run, even if not in the short run.

Thanks

4. Jan 27, 2010 at 4:43 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Same truck as you with stock tires and alloy wheels. Replaced oe air filter with AFE Pro Dry, used synthetic oil at 5K mile service. I have done nothing else with it and get about 20.5 to 21MPG with the 4-banger, with about 60-70% in-town driving. The majority of the time I try to shift at around 2000RPM and on the highway, try to keep RPMs below 2.5K. I have not removed the carbon filter or done any other enhancements. I live in Southeastern CT and the driving so far has been mostly cold/humid (mildly so for New England).

5. Jan 27, 2010 at 6:21 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    sounds like my 09 but w/o the DT headers, i hit a high of 27-28mpg freeway w/o the afe (stock tires @ 38-42psi)...(60mph true by gps),and seemed to lose 1-2 mpg with the afe ,but gained power. I might do DT headers next yr . i did synth at 10k and didnt notice much gain, could be too soon , i dunno.
    dont forget to look up pulling the "elbow" under the fender, seemed to help airflow.Its one of those you decide things.

6. Jan 27, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    everything youve listed above, ive done done to mine except i added a dynomax muffler to my exhaust too. My mpg ranges between 21-23

Products Discussed in

To Top