1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mud flaps

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacomapack, Nov 5, 2009.

1. tacomapack

tacomapack [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wake Forest, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 all around, Eibach 1.6" lift springs up front with 5100's set at .85 giving 2.5" lift, Fabtech AAL 1.5" lift in the back
    Just wanted to get your guys opinion on mud flaps. I just removed my front flaps to stop tire rub, should I remove the back ones too? I kind of like the look of the rear ones, they have that '4x4' graphic on them and I also like the functionality of them. Do you think it will look goofy to run with just the rear? I'm torn right now...

2. Ese Loco

Ese Loco Taco Man Sam

Member:
    Vero Beach, FL / Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 V6 6-speed
    Legal Florida Tint all-around, 1.5" add-a-leaf, bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Light Racing Coilovers, Removed secondary air filter, K&N airfilter, Amsoil 100% synthetic motor oil, Amsoil synthetic severe gear in rear differential, Differential breather mod, Painted rims and logo's black, amsoil oil filter
    Take em off!!!

3. CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    you can run just the rears..if your happy with it, leave it.

4. oldtimertoyota

oldtimertoyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2009 4X4 Double Cab
    Instead of starting a new post, I'll ask my question which is similar to this one.

First off I need mud flaps on my truck, I live down 1 1/2 miles of dirt road and the chips from small rocks would be really bad.

What I dont like about the stock mud flaps is they rub the ground, pavement when I go over a bump. I'm wondering what others are doing about this, or what kind of other options there are.

5. tacomapack

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wake Forest, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 all around, Eibach 1.6" lift springs up front with 5100's set at .85 giving 2.5" lift, Fabtech AAL 1.5" lift in the back
    I never had that problem. My stock mud flaps tucked into the wheel wells pretty good. I have speed bumps in my neighborhood and never had a problem. What kind of bumps are you going over? Pothole type bumps?

6. oldtimertoyota

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2009 4X4 Double Cab
    I've actually even rubbed on large speedbumps(big speedbumps in NM). I took my truck in the mountains and I was worried I was going to rip one off.

I forgot to look, do you have the 4x4(I think so), I'm sure ours are the same.

Here's my truck, it's hard to tell but the mud flaps only sit like 4 to 5" off the ground. Like I said, I like the mud flaps, they're just rigid and have no flex, I'm just worried I may lose one if it gets hit to hard.
    [​IMG]

7. pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    remove them.when my front ones broke i got a set off a tahoe and made them work.cost $3.00 at a car show.now i have none.looks alot better imo.

8. tacomapack

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wake Forest, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    I think I'm gonna take them off just to even things out.

oldtimertoyota- Yeah they are the 4x4 ones. I think the difference must be our tire/wheel size. Mine are 20" rims so that must give me the added clearance to not have problems on a regular basis.

9. ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    Gone...

10. oldtimertoyota

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2009 4X4 Double Cab
    That would make sense!

11. 04coma

04coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Temple Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 trd offroad sr5 prerunner debadged
    air aid intake and throttle body spacer billet grill clear corner lights and 3rdbrake decal "coma" :)
    i lost mine jumping a curb at wrk its the only way to get a parking spot kinda sucks and made me mad been looking for a replacement 04 front drivers side

To Top