1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Multiple Accessories, Auxiliary Power / Fuse Box

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ScottH, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Nov 7, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    ScottH

ScottH [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DC LB
    Factory Hard Tonneau Cover, Skidplate
    Hello,

I have a question in regards to wiring accessories to my 2005

I currently have a diamond kote rust module that is wired directly to my battery and runs constantly and in the near future I will be getting 4 Hella offroad lights, possibly a winch in the future

My question is there a box I can get and wire my accessories to that and run two wires to the battery, to clean up the wiring

Anybody have anything like this?

ScottH

2. Nov 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
  3. Nov 7, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    ScottH

ScottH [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DC LB
    Factory Hard Tonneau Cover, Skidplate
    So Basically I am looking for one of the 70000 series products and that will suit my needs

How do I figure out what Amp options I need (20,40,70)?

4. Nov 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    You will want to look at the amount of Circuits you will need. I am no wiring expert here by any means, there are alot of people with more knowledge then me. What I would do is figure out just what you will want to install. Remembering that larger draw items like power inverters and stereo systems will draw/require more power then say a set of LED's or some Fog lights. I was looking at one that has 10 circuits with 4 additional onese switched. If I have a switched source then I dont have to use add a fuses which I am not a fan of. Painless wiring is by far one of the best products out there and their customer service is out of this world. If you are not sure ask!

Products Discussed in

To Top