1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 02 Tacoma wants FJ wheels!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by boatillo, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jan 6, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    boatillo

boatillo [OP] Member

Member:
    I have an 02 extra cab 4wd all stock suspension. Right now it has 265/70/16 tires on some ugly stock steel rims. I have read every post on every Tacoma forum I could find about putting the newer 17" alloy FJ rims on my generation Tacoma, but there is hardly anything.

I found someone on craigslist that put them on his 03, he says they rub the frame when wheel is locked but I didn't get the tire size he is using, they are some rugged a/t. I am only interested in the stock 265/70/17 tires that come with the FJ.

I saw where someone put them on an 02 DB and said they didn't think they hit anything.

Anyone? Its such a small difference in backspacing and tire size between the two, please I want them to fit with no rub or spacers!

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    gr8white, i think, has 17" 05+ sport rims on his 1st gen...i dont see why the 17" fj's wouldnt. tacomaman06 has fj steelies on his too.....more than likely he's running 33s

Products Discussed in

To Top