1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2nd Tacoma but 4th (really 5th, but embarrassed about 1st one) Toyota..

Discussion in 'New Members' started by avalchfan, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    avalchfan

avalchfan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver, Co.
    Vehicle:
    2121 Magnetic Grey Tacoma TRD-Pro
    Hopefully will be picking up my '09 Tacoma on Friday. It's a Double Cab, V6, TRD Off-Road with the XM, BT, and Camera in Barcelona Red.

Loved my first Tacoma. It was an 05 TRD Off Road Access Cab, but there just wasn't enough room, so we ended up trading it in on an 07 TRD Special Edition FJ Cruiser. LOVED that FJ, but last Sept, some woman ran a stop sign and hit me in front of the right front tire and bent the frame.. Insurance would have fixed it, but would still have been marked as totaled since the frame needed to be replaced.

So, stupidly, we traded it in on an 09 Matrix XRS, since we had to find something that day basically and turn in the rental car..

Nice car, but again, too small. Getting screwed on trade-in. all the dealers here are giving us $13k WITH an aftermarket Nav system in it. Paid $24000 8 MONTHS AGO.. Oh well..

So, we are just waiting for the check to arrive and we should be able to pick up the truck a couple of days early on Friday. Can't wait to play in a Tacoma again..

Oh. in case you are wondering.. 1st Toy was a 1974 Toyota Corona Mark II wagon.. Basically bought it because it had an Alpine deck in it.. and I was 16.. Oh well. crappy car..

Anyway, Love the forums.. Been wasting time at work since yesterday reading everything and have already picked out some mods to do in the future..

See everyone around!
    John

2. Jun 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Hey welcome to TW! Hopefully that check comes in sooner. Post up some pics when you get it.

3. Jun 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    Welcome! Hope you get that Taco soon!

4. Jun 24, 2009 at 5:50 AM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
  5. Jun 24, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    puttputt

puttputt Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '09 db cab PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Hi John. I'm new here too. Can't wait to see pics. My hubby would be a bit jealous of the Barcelona Red. Unfortunately I couldn't find the exact one you have in Red within 200 miles so he chose his next favorite, pyrite and he's happy.

Products Discussed in

To Top