1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My audio install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by LonghornTaco, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jan 14, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Flimsy? like punch a hole through them flimsy?

Aftermarket FTW! It's aftermarket or you just fail.

2. Jan 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Thanks!

I didn't do it because I want to be able to put them back in should I ever get rid of the truck, but yes, you could put your finger right through it...

3. Jan 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    That's not cool. Essentially it's a nice step down from the BOSE system my Mazda has...probably with more BASS though.
    No highs! No lows! It's BOSE!

4. Jan 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Nice install!! I wish I could justify forking over some dough for new speakers right now.

On a side note.. The plastic junk you took off the windows, I was once told is there as a vapor and noise barrier:confused: I removed it on my last pickup just as you did, to find out later it actually has a purpose. Just thought I would mention it.

5. Jan 15, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Well, while the plastic was removed, Damplifier Pro was put back, so it's sealed back up. :)

6. Jan 15, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Nice! I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it just in case you had not put anything in place the plastic, but you're obviously a step ahead of the game;).

I cant wait to get rid of those lousy door speaker! What a joke.

7. Jan 16, 2009 at 2:30 AM
    cmfranks

cmfranks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Pre-Runner 6in Pro Comp Lift
    BHLM, Pro Comp Skid Plate, AFE Drop in Air Filter, Tint, Pioneer AVH 4000 DVD,Polk Audio 6.5 components, Polk 6.5 co-ax's, Polk Audio 400.1 amp, Polk Audio 500.1 amp, (2) Polk Audio 10 in Momo subs, Mr Marv sub box, Sockmonkey decals, Redline Elite hood struts, Bak Flip tonneau cover, N-Fab Nerf bars, Painted Center Console & Window/Door Lock Panels Black, Amber LED Dome/Map Lights
    longhorn,

how did you make that valance on the upper portion of the speaker box???? (where the seat locks are). Awsome looks BTW

8. Jan 16, 2009 at 3:11 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    Aright . . . what's with the sunny pictures and green grass in the background? You can't be in Minnesota.

Sweetass build Longhorn!!!!

9. Jan 16, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    He cut out the bottom section of the plastic stroage bins and carpeted over top of them, reinstalled, and giggled like a schoolgirl about how cool it looks being all trimmed out and sweet looking.

10. Jan 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I did almost all of the install when I was in Texas over Christmas...

Bingo! Well, sortof...minus the schoolgirl bit... :p

11. Jan 16, 2009 at 8:04 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Sorry, I just figured since you were wearing a schoolgirl outfit in some of those pics that perhaps you giggled too. :eek: Or was that not you in the missleman thread...:D

Products Discussed in

To Top