1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Battle Tools

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by TheOtherGuy, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jun 3, 2011 at 5:02 AM
    TheOtherGuy

TheOtherGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cajun Country
    Vehicle:
    05 Access 4x4
    Hey guys, I am a little bored today so I am posting a few pictures of my guns. Enjoy! I am also including some commentary on certain equipment.

I have two complete uppers form my M16/M4. One has a 20" barrel and the other is a 10.5". I can Swap them out as needed. And the good ole Beretta M9.

Also a couple of range pics you might enjoy. The pistol in the second picture is a Glock 19 I used to carry. I that weapon is so much better than the Beretta IMO. I miss that Glock.

MyGuns_261a3764153a3ac0e798c614edd7360036e16443.jpg
    GEDC0140_20869066a49041d94f5e4a2e8d64427ac50d53a3.jpg
    Chrisriflerange_07b4abea12d55d42c74fcb772ca2c5ba3c69fb61.jpg

In the Range picture my rifle is set up a bit differently than it is in the top picture. I will tell you why. That sure fire light/foregrip is super heavy and is too bright that it will give a flashbulb effect to your eyes at night. Don't waste the money ($~600+). I replaced it with a streamlight TLR-1s (~$100) that is very light weight and the perfect light intensity.

Aimpoint Comp M4 vs. Eotech. They each have their pros and cons, but after experimenting with both firing thousands of rounds with each I choose to run the Eotech on my primary gun. The reticle on the Eotech (65MOA ring with 1MOA dot in center) is far superior for speed on target at close ranges and the 1MOA dot is better for longer ranges than the 2MOA dot on the Aimpoint.

The aimpoint is better in all other aspects. I really like the a single knob to turn it on/off and adjust brightness. Far better than the three buttons on the Eotech. With the aimpoint I can turn on the sight by feel and muscle memory to the correct brightness level without even looking at it. With the Eotech I have to be looking trough the reticle to adjust it where I need it because there is no way to tell what brightness setting it is on. Battery life on the Aimpoint is over a year with a single AA battery. That means I can leave it on all the time which is very convenient. I can really do that with the Eotech. Even with turning the Eotech on and off as I am carrying or not carrying the gun it seems like I am changing the battteries all the time.

To sum it up, Aimpoint needs to make a sight with the Eotech reticle. Even with all of the negatives stacked against Eotech I still choose to run it on my primary because the reticle is so much better.

If you want opinions on anything else I am running, just ask.

2. Jun 3, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Louisiana looked so different when I was a kid...

3. Jun 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    TheOtherGuy

Member:
    Cajun Country
    Vehicle:
    05 Access 4x4
    HaHa! I hope you are joking.

4. Jun 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Yes it looked more like this[​IMG]

5. Jun 4, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    Nice tools. They look like you need to use em more :D I feel pretty much th e same way on Aimpoint vs eotech. I'm saving my pennys for an eotech now. What vest are you using? Thanks for sharing your pics.

6. Jun 4, 2011 at 5:01 AM
    TheOtherGuy

Member:
    Cajun Country
    Vehicle:
    05 Access 4x4
    It is an Eagle plate carrier NSN 8470-01-530-8379. It is like the one I have pictured except that mine has IIIA soft armor inserts sewn into it.
    [​IMG]

This vest is pretty comfortable and overall pretty good to use. However I do not recommend it for durability reasons. The seem where the shoulder strap attaches to the chest plate carrier is weak and I have seen I few of them break there. If you do not wear the level 4 plates this will probably never be an issue. Also keep in mind that we are soldiers and are equipment gets used almost daily and in rough conditions.

7. Jun 4, 2011 at 5:39 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    My last depolyment I was out in Sharan, I ran a NF 1x4 and it performed without any issues. On my 10.5 I ran an Aimpoint for the simplicity of a single dot. I still have *ahem, that aimpoint on my 14.5" ar here at the house.

Products Discussed in

To Top