1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my clutch is gonso in my 06

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jonny_jard, May 3, 2008.

1. May 3, 2008 at 10:31 PM
    jonny_jard

jonny_jard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    3" suspension lift, bull bar, IPF 100w flood light system, side bars, custom fit leather seat covers, URD CAI, URD MAF calibrator,
    Just like it says, my clutch is GONE!!!! This truck has been treated like gold. i have the TCAI in it, can TOYOTA link that to the clutch. how does warranty work in a blown clutch situation???? what do i need to look out for ect... help me fellow tacoma bros... swallowing the cost on this is not an option for me right now. i have no other mods except for a 3 inch suspension block lift.

2. May 4, 2008 at 6:01 AM
    tjdriscoll

tjdriscoll Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07, Tacoma Std Cab, 2WD, 5-M, 2.7 L I4, Indigo
    OEM Foglights, iPod adapter, Bedlights-Underbody lights, more to come soon.
    im pretty sure they consider the clutch a "wearable part" in the warrenty. this means that they may or may not cover it.

3. May 4, 2008 at 8:47 PM
    zmtnbik

zmtnbik FMLYHM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Trd Off-road
    Donahoe (Icon) C/O, TC UCA's, Dakar leafs, BilStein 5125's, 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's, Raceline Renegade 17x9's, u-bolt flip kit, debadged, TRD CAI, TRD exhaust, URD MAF controller, 20% front window tint, 3M clear bra on bumper, cam locks in all storage compartments, fog light mod, Alpine X100 deck, Co
    How many miles, what size tires, do any towing, heavy loads?

Need a bit more info to help. If the truck only has 15,000 miles on it and you are running 265/75/16's, then I would definitly expect warranty to cover the failure.

If you are in excess of 60,000 miles, running 285/70/16's, and tow 6000 lbs regularly, then clutch wear would be expected, and thus not covered.

Products Discussed in

To Top