1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new 07 yells at me.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Crocksa, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Feb 16, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    Crocksa

Crocksa [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    So I just joined taco world a week ago. I love my truck. It's an 07 double cab.
    There is one thing though; she's a little naggy.

I don't know if it's a safety thing that I'm not aware of or what, but occasionally it will start honking at me. The first time I noticed it was when I got home Saturday. I hopped out to check the mail. I put it in park, but left it running with the door open. When I got back in, I put the seatbelt on, closed the door, and as I was driving up the drive way, it started honking. It wasn't a continuous honk; it was intermittent. I could hear the relay clicking under the dash.

It did it again today. I left it running while I went to check the kids out of after school care. This time, the door was closed while I went in. I came back out, got everyone loaded, threw it in drive, and it started again.

If I turn it off, then restart it, it stops, but best I can tell, it would continue honking for an eternity if I didn't. There doesn't seem to be a pattern either. Like I said, it's intermittent. The individual honks are timed about the same, but it will stop for a few seconds, then start again.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Products Discussed in

To Top