1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Newbie list of lift/tires question!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Soul, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Jan 5, 2008 at 11:35 AM
    Soul

Soul [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Black
    Hey guys I'm lifting my taco in 3 months. I'm planning on taking it to college instead of taking a corolla. I have the suspension TSB done.

1. I'm going for the 285/75/16 tires. I have stock in-style steel rims? Will that work?

2. I recall a few people here have 285/75/16 and doesn't rub until their tires are locked. For those few people what tires do you have?

2a. What's the after effect of rubbing? I understand what it does. but I just want more detail lol. Like is going to disconnectthe bumper off.

3. I'm planning on getting a 3" lift done at a local area. That's enough for a 285/75/16? From my research it is but i love to double check.

4. I have a 4-banger 2.7 w/ a CAI is that enough to power those 285/75/16? 2WD of course. I remember the old 2.7 can power 38" tires.

5. I heard you have to regear the transmission because of the new tires. How would i go about that?

6. In addition how do you adjust the taco-ECU to register those bigger tires? I remember someone on a thread getting the wrong mile.

7. How long does stock tire usually last anyways? I'm trying to use the full tire of the tire. I'm at 5K ATM.

8. Should i SIP my new tires? I did it with my old ones.. I can tell it's really hard to do donuts.

9. Let's say I'm getting my dirt bike.. with me after getting the lift/tires. Would the back tire RUB?

10. Can you still use the vehicle as a typical pick up truck after the lifting and tire? I.e. carrying around huge equipment and etc. With/o causing damage?

X: any other preparation you recommend remember right before the lift/ tire change?

Y: Can i still play my 2000RPM game w/ the new tires lol?

Thanks again!

Products Discussed in

To Top