1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Nitto's are throwing up too much *$%! on my truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by drade, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Sep 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    drade

drade [OP] BRUINS 4 LIFE

Member:
    ME
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Short Cab Silver
    TRD PRO skid plate, wet kole seat covers, tint all around, red line tuning quick Lift system, paint protection film, gloss blacked out OEM emblems, electric start, heated seats.
    Hey guys, well my truck is finally getting the wrath of rock chips from my nitto grapplers. They are 285X70X17, so they are quite wide. I want to get bushwhacker fender flares, but they are kinda fugly and expensive. Any alternatives?

P.S. The stock mud flaps suck for protection, any other mud flaps that are compatible with this truck? Like rubber ones pre cut :p?

2. Sep 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You might be able to find wider rubber mud flaps at an auto parts store for cheap. They won't be for a Tacoma specifically but they'll work. Otherwise, sliders or some sort of side step (not sure how much you wheel your truck) might be a nice addition and will protect the sides.

3. Sep 19, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    drade

drade [OP] BRUINS 4 LIFE

Member:
    ME
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Short Cab Silver
    TRD PRO skid plate, wet kole seat covers, tint all around, red line tuning quick Lift system, paint protection film, gloss blacked out OEM emblems, electric start, heated seats.
    Most of my rock issues have been offroad at the power lines around here, there are so many tiny little pellets off and on the roads. Sliders, like from avid offroad?

4. Sep 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Yes. Sliders have more open gaps in them though so some rocks will still make it through to your paint (as opposed to steps which are solid). One of the vendors fabbed a set of sliders with a step plate to close the gaps. It might have been Demello. Check out the vendor section, there are a lot of options if you go for sliders. Even my nerf bars do a decent job protecting the sides of the truck and they're just a 3" round bar.

5. Sep 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i saw on here wear someone makes a flier that looks just like the stock one but is like2” or 2.5” wider.

6. Sep 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    I'm on gravel roads every day so I got OEM side steps right away.
    I'm glad I did because rocks fling up below the OEM flaps all the time (lift doesn't help any).

Products Discussed in

To Top