1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My problems with Warfab armor

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by SoonToBeOn35s, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 1, 2023 at 11:22 AM
    SoonToBeOn35s

SoonToBeOn35s [OP] Beat long travel 3rd gen Tacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I am still waiting on 35s
    I ordered a front bumper 2 months ago, and recently contacted Warfab about an update on the bumper. They replied around 2 weeks after my initial email and stated they haven't even started on the bumper, but they would start "soon." After some back and forth they stated that we can't even get our money back, due to the terms of service. However, they haven't even started on my bumper so why would that be the case? I totally understand if the bumper was actually being made, but not being able to get a refund after 2 months for a product that hasn't even been started doesn't make any sense. For a piece of metal tubing, this way more complicated than what it should be

Once we contacted Capital One about a refund, they said that too much time has passed since the order has been placed and there is nothing in the contract that includes the length of delivery. They have no recourse if they do not deliver a product according to Capital One.

I wrote a review on google and Mike Lopez, the owner replied back to me stating "Dylan, despite what you were informed, your bumper is in fact started and waiting final assembly. However, the point of concern is you are a minor who falsified information and used someone else's ID to gain access to certain things and complete a transaction. For that reason we were not able to respond to you and needed to speak to a guardian as this case now involves identity theft/fraud."
    First of all, my bumper is not in production. Ashley Lopez contacted me the day before and told me they were finishing up a large batch of rear bumpers, and will start production of front bumpers soon. "We are finishing up a large batch of rear bumpers and will begin working on fronts." - Ashley Lopez in an email. They are now covering themselves saying they have already started something even though they haven't. Mikes emails and Ashleys are inconsistent, both telling opposite information of the matter.

Also, Mike stated that there is ID fraud, and will prosecute us with legal action because I used my dads military discount. Please read this "Active duty and their dependents, national guard and reservists and their dependents, and retired service members qualify."

This is all over a $427 deposit that they are refusing to refund knowing full well that they have not even started the bumper, and almost 2 months have already elapsed. So knowing these facts, Mike Lopez in retaliation is threating me, a 16 year old minor with criminal prosecution in an attempt to intimidate and dissuade me from taking certain courses of action to protect myself. Moreover since I am a minor, he is also trying to implicate my dad in some sort of fantasy that we did something wrong all the while these people are oblivious to their illegal TOS (terms of service) they insist by intimidation that they are somehow in the right. Craziest company ever.

@WarFab Armor

2. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:30 PM
    reallifedog

reallifedog wat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD OR
    Pathfinder Pathfinder ATs
    That sucks man but most deposits for this sort of thing are non-refundable. While the inconsistent communication isn't great, I don't think the non-refundable deposit issue is limited to WarFab.

3. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:40 PM
    crazysccrmd

crazysccrmd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Aprilia Tuareg 660
    Two months is not long to wait at all. Be patient and you’ll get the bumper you want. When you placed your order you agreed that the deposit is non-refundable so you have no ground to stand on there.

reallifedog, VE7OSR, bot102 and 3 others like this.
  4. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:44 PM
    TRD493

TRD493 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Texas (DFW)
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 / 01 4x4 V6 Extra Cab TRD SR5
    Seems most companies making bumpers are at least 4-6 months out from completion.....You're going to have to be patient.

5. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:45 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Not too worried about the 2 months, it's really about the companies response here buddy.

6. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:46 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I understand. I'm totally okay with waiting, horrible customer service and their responses caused this thread. Not the wait time

7. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:48 PM
    crazysccrmd

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Aprilia Tuareg 660
    I don’t see horrible customer service. I see some potential miscommunication within the small company on what’s been built or not and them needing clarification on who you are and if you actual qualify to receive the discount you ordered with.

eurowner and Kappes03 like this.
  8. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:49 PM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    If this really is a legal issue now, complaining on the internet isn't going to get you anywhere.
    8-12 weeks is pretty standard for a custom bumper, a quality bumper at that. But your statements are inconsistent, you ordered it 2 months ago, you reached out and they replied 2 weeks later yet you say it's been almost 2 months? Not really adding up.
    Seems the email you got from Mike said "despite what you were informed, your bumper is in fact started.. " which means the email from Ashley was the incorrect information.

Also leaving a negative review on Google and then having your brother and your friend also leave negative reviews is pretty petty. With them not being customers that can be considered defamation and harassment

9. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:50 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Not complaining on the internet haha. Just thought I would throw this out there. Relax

10. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:52 PM
    TRD493

TRD493 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Texas (DFW)
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 / 01 4x4 V6 Extra Cab TRD SR5
    It states very clearly in their terms of service.....non refundable deposit. Confusing email and bad customer service....meh.

11. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:53 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    As stated above it is 100% legal to use a military discount if you are one of their dependents

12. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:54 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Why did you use your dad’s form of ID and not your dependent ID as proof?

13. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:54 PM
    crazysccrmd

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Aprilia Tuareg 660
    Legal has nothing to do with that. It’s a lot easier to just clarify with them who you are and that the ID used to establish eligibility belongs to your father than to complain about it on the internet.

14. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:54 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lemme ask you this. If you are buying a product are you going to read pages of that companies terms of service? Also their terms of service doesn't state when the product will be ready, at least other companies have a rough estimate

15. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:55 PM
    crazysccrmd

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Aprilia Tuareg 660
    Yes, every time. If you don’t you have no idea what you’re agreeing to, such as in this case where you stand to lose your $500 deposit if you decide to cancel.

16. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:56 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Warfab did not even do the military discount verification. They brought me to a 3rd party website do submit a DD214 and get a discount code.

17. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:56 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Fair enough

18. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:58 PM
    Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule Well-known member, but no one cares.

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2021 Taco XP Predator
    I think you need to chill. (My own opinion).

I ordered a front bumper from BAMF in March. I got it in September I think it was. I emailed the company once at the start with a question and about 4 months after just to check in. The final product was amazing.

Patience goes a long way. If they were going to keep your money and not deliver the product it would be different.

MJTH, StrangeDuck and Kappes03 like this.
  19. Jan 1, 2023 at 12:59 PM
    SoonToBeOn35s

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Again, I'm totally chill. Mostly made this thread for their response to my emails. Totally understand wait times.

Mastiffsrule[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jan 1, 2023 at 1:01 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    The way you wrote it makes it sound like you weren’t though. It reads like the 2 months were not to your standard and you wanted a refund right away. I’m not passaging judgment on that but being objective.

VE7OSR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top