1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Tacoma tried to attack my garage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by machec, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    Gincoma

Gincoma Special Edition Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City UT
    Vehicle:
    RIPieces 2005 Tacoma, adios 2011 :'(
    Factory Monster Truck Package with reverse gear.
    My VSC kicked in prematurely only ONCE while I was pulling in my driveway everything started going off, it happened around 2000 mi and hasnt happened again so Im not worried about it, if it does happen regularly then Im taking it to the dealer but I wouldnt know what would cause it:notsure:

2. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    Fms

Fms Member

Member:
    It happened to me yesterday by a stop sign. There were a few rocks on the pavement. The brakes were already on and was almost to a full stop when front wheels hit the gravel. I was not sure if the truck was going to stop in time or continue hopping through the sign.

3. Mar 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    Hugh Morron

Hugh Morron Manic Mechanic

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB SR5 4X4 Barcelona Red Metallic
    ARE Cap, AVS Bugdeflector II, AVS Ventshades, DTRL delete, ABS/VSC/TRAC disable, Toyota LSD with clutchpacks, N-Fab Lightbar, Hella 700ff lights
    I pulled the ABS #1 fuse because it only lights up 2 lights in the dash the ABS light and the VSC light. If you pull the ABS #2 Fuse it also lights up the BRAKE light. I like having the brake light out that way if it lights up it will remind me to release the E- brake. Believe me what a difference with my truck. I am no longer afraid to drive in bad weather with it. My advice is to take the fuse out and then short it out and blow it. Then reinstall, fuses blow all the time. When you do this take your time and drive with caution until you are confident. At first you think that you are being unsafe driving without ABS, but once you get over that you will realize how much safer your truck is without it. Good luck, God bless and drive safe.

4. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    Jaws9760

Jaws9760 Active Member

Member:
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2013 V6 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport MagGrey
    Bed liner shovel mount, head rest vertical rifle mount, console .380 holster. Tailgate hose clamps & washers. Green LED dome light, Disabled seat belt chime.
    Right on man, thank you, that was very helpful. I've enjoyed your input in the ABS threads, definitely helped me make an informed decision.

Products Discussed in

To Top