1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by white cloud, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Mar 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    white cloud

white cloud [OP] white cloud

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    sometime back there was a survey of how much we like our tacos. i am too tired tonight to find that thread but wanted to tell those who are interested what i think of my 2011 tacoma trd 4wd. this is my third tacoma. i have had two generation ones. as most know those gen ones are paragons of reliability. my 2003 literally never had an issue in 180,000 miles, just the normal maintenance.

however i decided i needed to get something with more trailer towing capacity. believe me. i wondered long and hard. the 2003 was beyond good. i thought about keeping it but decided that was foolish. so i traded for the 2011. this was traumatic.

so how has it been? well i had to get the ventilation fan replace because of the squeak. the replacement has worked well. i had the dealer replace the 3 leaf pack springs for the 4 leaf pack. they did that for free so now it rides and handles a trailer like it is supposed to. i think the stereo is pretty weak. i think the mud flaps are...not so good although i like them better after the rear suspension upgrade. so some things are not perfect but tonight i was pulling a utility trailer absolutely loaded to the max. it was raining side ways. pools of water on the interstate. people going 40 with their emergency flashers on. my taco just does it's thing with no fuss or drama. i am starting to really love this taco.

2. Mar 25, 2012 at 12:37 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)

When i stated to read this i thought it was going to be a rant:facepalm:, but now, after reading this, SIR, you get a plus 1 for suprising me:D

3. Mar 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    1GR

1GR Toyota Dealer Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    X2

Products Discussed in

To Top