1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my Toytec 3" install...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacoSupremeo, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Feb 27, 2017 at 11:07 AM
    TacoSupremeo

TacoSupremeo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    So, ive had my truck for a little over a month or so and love it so far. When i bought it, i knew the front struts needed to be replaced, the drivers side was blown out, every time i would hit a bump in the road it would keep bouncing, so i bought some replacement complete assemblies from Autozone, made by Sensen, the quality looked okay and installation was fairly easy.
    [​IMG]Untitled by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

The new assemblies fixed the bouncing issue and restored a little ride height that had been lost. I noticed after a day or two the front was sitting a little lower, a few more days, a little lower until they settled in and my front end seemed to be lower than it was to begin with. i was very unhappy, so i started researching lift/leveling kits here on Tacoma World and thanks to the good suggestions from the guys here, i decided to get a 3" kit from Toytec Lifts with Bilsteins and AAL's... i must say, im VERY pleased so far with the results AND as a bonus, whenj i called Autozone and spoke with the manager i explained everything and he told me to return the Sensen assemblies for a full refund, so that gave me almost $300 to put toward the cost of the Toytec kit.

knowing i was about to install a lift, i called Toyota of Knoxville to check on the leaf recall, turns out mine had not been done, so i went in and had them replace the springs... now i had all nice clean new hardware during my install AND a fresh leaf pack to add my AAL to, i also decided to get a U-bolt flip kit from Toytec while it was all apart. i also bought the new bump stops since the flip kit deletes the factory ones, as seen in the pics they arent installed yet... i will put them in after i get a chance to retorque the ubolts, then cut them and the leaf bolt off.

the whole purpose of this thread is to thank all the guys that gave good suggestions in my quest for a quality suspension, thanks to @ToyTec Lifts for a quality product, fast shipping and great customer service, and lastly for others that may find themselves in a similar situation (lift shopping) to have some info of my experience and pics of the results.

2. Feb 27, 2017 at 1:26 PM
    JoefromPTC

JoefromPTC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Atlanta Georgia metro
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 6MT
    Your truck looks great! How many miles on the odometer? What setting did you use with the adjustable Bilstein 5100's, and how is the ride now? Have you gotten the noise/vibration from the needle bearing on the driver side?

3. Feb 27, 2017 at 1:41 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    my order included the top plate spacers with compensation for "lean", im not sure what springs i had selected, but the suggestion was 2nd ring for 3" lift, but they were out of stock so with the springs they used, its on the first ring... ride is excellent, around 150k on the odo.

4. Mar 1, 2017 at 3:59 PM
    doorsidedown

doorsidedown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looks awesome man. Happy for you. Enjoy the ride!

5. Mar 2, 2017 at 4:28 PM
    The Red Taco

The Red Taco Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Red tacoma pre-runner
    added 3" spacer in front with 2" block rear with some 18" XD 766 Disel Wheels on 275/65/18
    Truck looks clean!! Did you Add any UCA and also how much was it for your whole lift kit front and rear!! Also I'm trying to make my truck look like a pre-runner (bully) stance I had 2" spacers in rear but removed them...

6. Mar 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM
    TegoTaco

TegoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT
    Radiant red is bad ass as fuck! Truck looks good!

Masshole_And_His_Taco likes this.
  7. Mar 2, 2017 at 6:06 PM
    The Red Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    added 3" spacer in front with 2" block rear with some 18" XD 766 Disel Wheels on 275/65/18
    So I took out the rear blocks and just kept the 3"spacer in the front!! Just saving up for some coilovers that I still need to decide what brand to get i think I'm ganan go with the toytec with bilsteins and also get total chaos UCA

8. Mar 2, 2017 at 6:08 PM
    The Red Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Currently how it is right now

IMG_1023.jpg

9. Mar 2, 2017 at 6:14 PM
    The Red Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I really love my front end but can't wait to get my bull bar and new fenders

IMG_1024.jpg

10. Mar 2, 2017 at 7:17 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys! I have the stock uca's right now, I figured I would only change them if an alignment issue came up. I ended up right at $900 with the lift, plus the flip and bumps. The flip might not be a big deal for some people, but I do plan on wheeling a little and in my area that involves quite a bit of rocks sooooo... one less thing. I don't like where the lower shock mounts are, but that's something I might address later as needed too.

11. Mar 2, 2017 at 7:19 PM
    TacoSupremeo

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    Next step is some tunes, the new touch screen DVD player should be here tomorrow, the amp and wiring... first of the week. More to come on that.

12. Mar 3, 2017 at 6:01 AM
    spiralout462

spiralout462 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Shore VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 dclb
    Icon suspension '15 toyota nav TRD FJ SE anthracite wheels Weathertechs Trd pro pieces
    Haven't you looked at Maxtrac spindles? Hands down, the best way to lift a 2wd.

Products Discussed in

To Top