1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My trip to GM

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobwilson1977, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Aug 12, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    A few days ago General Motors flew me to Detroit to participate in a product and technology event. Even though I drive Toyotas, I've been interested in what GM has been doing for a few years. I was able to meet Bob Lutz ( Maximum Bob), Ed Welburn ( head of global design), and Fritz Henderson ( GM CEO) as well as the heads of design at Cadillac, GMC, Chevrolet, and Buick. There was a group of about 60 of us and we got to see new and future vehicles, some which were still in clay. We toured the design studios of each division, got to see a showroom full of past concepts, the pre-production facility for the Chevy Volt, and got to ride in the Volt, but got to drive their full lineup with some of their designers in the front seat asking us questions. I got to drive with their CFO, Ray Young in a new Buick Lacrosse , which is actually a hell of a nice car by the way.

It was quite a bit of fun and left me with a better impression of the company. Meeting Bob Lutz was probably the highlight for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aug 12, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    fun trip there... I bet it was neat.

3. Aug 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    x2 and isn't the car type spelled differently from the sport, I think its Lacrose

Products Discussed in

To Top