1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Truck and My Dog

Discussion in 'New Members' started by biorunner1, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Sep 11, 2007 at 8:31 PM
    biorunner1

biorunner1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    Kenwood DVD, Navi TV tuner, Ipod, FM Traffic Reciever Thorley Headers AFE Intake Custom Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator American Racing BFG AT Wheels Fox Racing Shox Total Chaos Control Arms Tint
    My truck and my dog, The two things in this world that I adore more than anything, and oh yeah my wife. But this is a taco forum soooo.

I purchased my first Toyota 3yrs ago, an 05 Tacoma Dbl Cab Prerunner. My truuuck (gotta say it with a mid west accent) like my dog has always been loyal to me. Tomorrow I hit 40k. Ive taken it on several mountain biking/camping trips all throughout the western US. I've towed a boat to lake Havasu loaded with gear and passengers every summer. I've climbed to elevation in hot weather and with the A/C on full blast to go off roading. The truck always asks for more.

Lately Ive noticed the trend going to the Nissan Counterpart. A coworker just bought a new Frontier, Same set up as me. He regularly rubbed it in that his Nissan has more HP and more Torque than my Taco. That is untill the day we squared up (unintentionally of course) at a red light during lunch. We were all headed for a retirement party and both vehicles loaded with other collegues. A tear came to my eye as I viewed that silly little frontier getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. And just to prevent any bad start excusses we competed again at the next light with the same results.

Anyway thats my intro I hope you liked my story and thanks for reading. And dont forget its pronounced truuuuck!!!

2. Sep 12, 2007 at 7:45 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Glad to see you like your truuuuck as much we like ours. Also glad to hear you smoked a frontier!!! Welcome to TW! how bout posting some pics of your truuuck and your doooog when you get a chance :)

3. Dec 5, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    YotaTaco

YotaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco 4WD Base Blue SR5 TRD OFF-ROAD! - SOLD, 2017 OR AC
    Did your coworker also know that Frontiers are known for having the coolant block crack & leak into the transmission? Nissan won't cover that unless it's under warranty. Poor design. Apparently there's a cheap redesign that Nissan can do but doesn't....so let us know how your coworker likes that if that if it he's one of the unfortunate ones. Might make him change his mind & jump ship on owning a Yota.....like I did. I also own a Maxima & I've spent less on the Taco in upgrades & maintenance in the first year of ownership than I did on the Max. The Max has lots of goofy problems that can't be pinpointed & rattles like a maraca, whereas my truck is perfect. Toyota has a customer for life if my Taco keeps this up.

4. Dec 5, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers

Products Discussed in

To Top