1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

N-Fab Nerf Bars

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Craigski, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jan 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM
    Craigski

Craigski [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 lifted TRD O/R
    3 1/2" lift 33" tires Airbags Nfab steps Remote Start Thule Racks
    To me the N-Fab are the best available in the looks department.
    However.....Quality? Watch out.

I purchased a set of cab length N-Fab bars, new, for my 2013 Tacoma DC TRD O/R in Mar 2013 when I purchased the truck & had installed in April when my lift kit was installed.
    About a year later, I noticed some flaking and rust in the finish, not all over but in spots, mostly where any factory welding was involved.
    Now upon approaching 3 years, the product is rusting worse, and I contacted N-Fab, as they have a 5year warranty.
    Guess what? they want me to pay freight back to the factory in Texas, and then back to me (in Colorado). So I pay for removal, shipping back to factory and shipping back to my house, and reinstall labor.With the length & weight, I would pay more in shipping than it is worth

All for a set of Nerf bars that are of supposedly fine design, quality and finish? .

also mentioned in the email from customer service, "We have changed our finish process" ok, they darn well know they had an issue. They do not stand behind their product. I also will mention, my truck is black like the N-fab bars. I like a clean truck, so I wash it OFTEN, the issue is not from me allowing road rash/tar/chemicals to remain on the bars for long period of time. I take care of the truck and the attached Nerf bars.

the final stab in the back, at bottom of customer service email under the N-Fab logo is a quote:

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a cheap

price is forgotten."

-John Ruskin, Author

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.jpg
    7.jpg
    2a paint chip off Nfab bar.jpg

2. Jan 27, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    You can take some bolts out on your own without paying someone.

You can fix that for $40 in your driveway and have it done in a weekend afternoon.

Sure it sucks to have to, but I'm just saying. Freighting those isn't cheap which is why NFAB doesn't cover it on top of shipping back to you after a warranty service/replacement of product. They'd break even or lose money. Very few companies offer warranty on paint - they warranty the product for manufacturing defect. Someone else may have your problems, and the next guy will have his for 7 years and not have those problems, so paint protection being attached to a warranty on manufacturing is kind of rare and generally unheard of.

Paying someone to remove those and uninstall them is silliness, and you not being willing to do a basic task like removing bolts has nothing to do with NFABs shortcomings.

3. Mar 27, 2016 at 10:04 AM
    Craigski

Craigski [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 lifted TRD O/R
    3 1/2" lift 33" tires Airbags Nfab steps Remote Start Thule Racks
    Nope.
    -Don't have a driveway .
    - warranty states 5 yrs incl finish
    -Yep, I can remove & have refinished .
    -Nope not fir $40.00 & cheap spray paint it coating that will have to be redone.
    -Yep, $250.00 quoted from refinished, if I bring steps to them.

The warranty is useless & a scam.

Buyer beware .

Unless you get off fixing Mfg. defects as a hobby, fine. I do not however like or have the time .

Products Discussed in

To Top