1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

N-Fab rock rails

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by builthatch, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Feb 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM
    builthatch

builthatch [OP] MiG-21 superfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
    these things arrived today with a light bar and tires for my wife's Si so i had to scramble and get these installed to reduce the amount of crap in my way in my garage. the box for this and the prerunner bar were like coffins for shaquille o'neal.

it's 2am so forgive the cell phone pics.

8503d063_fba77bda239cc1ab03506f2c666c6f6a28ee728f.jpg

4626bff8_1c0918dd5a255432fc058547b9818d6de7cfa186.jpg

they bolt to the factory step mounts, using 5 holes per side out of 6 (one hole is unused), so while they aren't traditional sliders in terms of strength they are certainly ample for protecting the body/lower doors. the clear/base that N-Fab uses when you get the option paint match is very nice. it's not perfect, per se, but it's very good quality paint especially for a tubular undercarriage piece.

i also have the steps, but they are small so they can wait because they don't take up much room in my garage.

2. Feb 18, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    Looks clean. I like em.

3. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I have their step bars on my truck and I really like them. Very easy to install. Yours look great!

4. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    builthatch

builthatch [OP] MiG-21 superfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
    thanks. it's funny how much putting anything on the truck in that area highlights the silly looks of the small wheel combo.

a spacer set to make them more flush and at least a sport or OR tire size would make it look SO much better. or, of course, a wheel set with the proper offset and bigger tires.

when i first got them they didn't have instructions so i was wondering how they would attach to the frame, but once i realized they used the OE step holes it was a relatively quick installation. i was by myself so it took some finagling but no real issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top