1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

n0rth's Tacoma build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by n0rth, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Oct 22, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    n0rth

n0rth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    2009 Tacoma Access Cab SR5, 4wd, 2.7L URD S/C, 4:88's ARB lockers, 36x9.8r16 Radial TSL
    It took awhile to get the front bumper and sliders done due to the fact that a lot of stuff was either packed from moving or what was unpacked was scattered around the shop. So I finally had to clean up the place and organize stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had tear down a bunch of old shelves, built a workbench and hung visqueen to have a makeshift paint booth. After we prepped everything for paint we hung it from eye hooks and wire in the rafters. Hanging stuff is nice although I would hang the sliders differently, the way I hung them saved space but made it a pain to paint all the nooks and crannies.

[​IMG]

In between coats of primer I was able to install the front Timbren bumpstops. Shoot them with some PB blaster and let them sit for awhile then get a set of big ass channel locks and unscrew them, screw in the new ones and they're done. Last shot is stock vs. Timbren.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some shots after spraying the last coat of black it is a little shiny because it is still wet but it made me wonder if I should have gone with a semi-gloss after it dried I was glad I went with the flat black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After watching paint dry for days it was time to start putting stuff on the truck. I took several shots of what we did to fit the front bumper but neglected to get any shots of putting the winch in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cut the recovery loop off or the lower skid won't fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bend this ear over for the sub assembly to fit well.

[​IMG]

Had to grind that piece off because we needed a bit more room to get the bumper to line up correctly.

[​IMG]

So this is where I forgot to get any pictures of the winch going in so I'll just skip to some final pics of it all finished up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was planning to prep the rear bumper tonight but it is extremely windy out and I don't feel like doing work twice so I ran to town to do some laundry and update this thread. Maybe tomorrow the wind will subside and I can get some work done otherwise I am going to at least swap my front coils I always thought I had 886's that was what I had originally ordered but somehow I ended up with 885's so I will be swapping for 886's. If anybody needs a set of 885's PM me.

2. Oct 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    n0rth

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    2009 Tacoma Access Cab SR5, 4wd, 2.7L URD S/C, 4:88's ARB lockers, 36x9.8r16 Radial TSL
    I am running the bar under the grill, I liked the way it looked with it.

Nope, I have friends that work on the slope. I worked on Ft. Wainwright for Alaska Fire Service BLM.

3. Oct 22, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    awsumdc

awsumdc Well-Known Member

Member:
    O.C. Cali
    Vehicle:
    SASED '05 Taco
    SAS, crawler box, 14" coilover shocks, 39.5 tires,dual batteries, and a bunch of other stuff

I'm picking up your FJ T Case tomorrow.:D

4. Oct 23, 2010 at 7:48 AM
    n0rth

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    I'm stoked, thanks for grabbing that FJ case for me I'll give you a call later this week. I can't wait, this is going to be awesome when it all comes together. Thanks again :D:D:D:D

5. Oct 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    mr.trd

mr.trd Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    SICK!

6. Nov 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Have you put the rear on yet?

7. Nov 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    n0rth

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    Not yet I just sprayed the first coat of primer a few days ago, I ran out of the paint I used for the front bumper and sliders and just got more a few days ago thanks to Steve and Nate at CBI. I ended up not feeling so well for about a week and have not had as much time as I would like to work on the truck. I am feeling better now and have been working on the wheel wells, pinch welds, body mount and fenders. I will post some pics this afternoon of what I have been up to.

8. Nov 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Clearancing for the 35's :headbang:

9. Nov 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    n0rth

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    So I ran out of paint for the rear bumper and started working on making room for the 315/75r16's. I started by putting a new set of OME 886's I had older 885's that were starting to sag under the weight of the front bumper and winch they are also saying the newer OME springs use a scragging process to prevent sagging we'll see how they hold up. Next I stripped wheel wells and cut the pinch weld and beat it back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I hacked on the body mount some more and I think will end up cutting more later but am not sure yet we'll see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I pulled the flares as well and took them to a shop that said they could cut and plastic weld them they have had them for two weeks now and haven't got to them yet and I'll leave it at that for now. I can't wait to cut the fenders but don't want to start until I have the flares done and in hand to measure against before I go hacking the fenders.

Here are some pics with a 315/75r16 on the front of the truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll eventually get it all together:rolleyes:

10. Nov 7, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Looking great man! I will have to stay in touch with you on the flares. Hint hint Do they only have the front ones? And I will get you that price on the clips! Almost forgot. LOL

11. Nov 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Keep us updated with mileage for those beasts!

12. Nov 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    n0rth

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    They have all four of them, I have no idea when I'll get them back hopefully soon.

13. Nov 8, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    bigskytacoma

bigskytacoma Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    montana
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Arb front bumper Cbi Rear bumper Ome suspension Shockworks sliders Firestone desination M/T
    Nicest 4 banger i have seen. Including my own!

DSCN0629.jpg

14. Nov 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Ok, I have all the clips for your flares to go back on! They are at my house so whenever you need them, you have to come see me! Getting antsy to see this thing on the 35's!

15. Nov 10, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    n0rth

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    Thanks

I have to be in Burley on Tuesday (11/16), so when I get done I will head up to Pocatello. I'll give you a call this weekend.

I have a four day weekend so I will be able to get some work done on the truck.

16. Nov 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    n0rth

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    I finished painting the rear bumper and swing out hopefully I can put them on the truck Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also put the 315/75r16 MTR's on and have maybe driven 100 miles with them, I plan to trim the fenders on Sunday currently everything clears the only rubbing is on the frame at full lock I will probably put my front wheel spacers back on to help out with that. So here are some pics with them on the truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wyatt from Rocksolidtoys finished up the FJ transfer case, The plan is still to put a crawler with 4.7's in front of it but it is going to be a little while.
    Here is the link to the build on RST http://www.rocksolidtoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35 It has all the info on it including #'s to call for pricing.

17. Nov 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I love the way it looks without the fender flares! Iv been thinking of removing mine

18. Nov 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    So fresh and so clean clean!

19. Nov 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    matt86

matt86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Looks badass :thumbsup:

20. Nov 13, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    :drool:

You had me a little worried there with the primer in the first two pics.

Products Discussed in

To Top